All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#93067 by pdz99
Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:59 am
ok guys this is one of the hardest choices i will ever have to make but i would defiantly say that seventh wave is jus ta fraction better than night
reason being:

1 the intro: i love the trippy start
2 the music: its just great

#93075 by funny_little_guy
Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:39 am
SERIOUSLY?! WHY THE CAPTIAL LETTERS??? and I'm pretty into seventh wave, night is good and it's the first Devin song I learned to play but Seventh Wave is awsome.

#93085 by CardDinour
Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:44 am
seventh wave is one of my fave dev songs. night is good but not as :)

#93146 by psychotic
Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:56 pm
Seventh Wave, it's something that I find to be a bit more fun to actually listen to, I prefer the melody in it, and I just like the way it all unfolds.

#93187 by pdz99
Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:18 am
FUNNY LITTLE GUY

GET OVER ME POSTIN IN CAPITALS

IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER

#93206 by VampireDaveGrohl
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:32 am
It's just internet politeness. Capital letters indicate that you are shouting and are considered by most to be rude, as it would be if you just shouted all the time verbally.

#93207 by Blazingmonga
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:36 am
Mr Grohl is correct....though using capitol letters in a topic title is hardly the crime of the century. Typing your entire post in all capitol letters is far, far worse. Though still nothing to cry about.

So I dont think anybody has any reason to be too upset.

Back to the topic....I vote for 7th Wave. It is just a far 'bigger' track than Night. Than in the context of the album, both tracks are equally awesome and important.

#93210 by VampireDaveGrohl
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:43 am
Yeah i go for seventh wave too. I love night, but the build up 2 minutes of seventh wave before the vocals kick in really thrust the album into your attention.

#93236 by funny_little_guy
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:27 am
haha i should mention that i couldnt give a toss about the posting in captial letters, it just perplexed me...

#93238 by Falk
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:34 am
Well, I prefere Night :mrgreen:
I like 7th wave intro but I wish the rest of the song was as heavy/dark/whatever as the intro.
And Night brings lot of pictures of Japan in my head (even if I've never been there :roll: :wink: )

#93280 by Chris
Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:09 am
To the topic starter: Is there a special reason why you chose exactly these two songs for comparison? Question counts also for your other thread. Just being curious.

#93345 by pdz99
Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:16 am
thanks blazingmonga finally someone who agrees with me

whats wrong with tryping in capitals

there is no crime in it so i dont se why u should care

#93351 by VampireDaveGrohl
Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:06 am
Well, there is no crime in farting in someone's face, but you don't do it (at least i hope not!)

I don't have a problem with the capitals in the title, and nor does funny little guy i suspect, he was just curious as to WHY you were doing it.

#93367 by Chris
Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:38 am
VampireDaveGrohl wrote:Well, there is no crime in farting in someone's face, but you don't do it (at least i hope not!)

On the hand this comparison doesn't really fit...

...but on the other hand it had the word "farting" in it, so I like it :lol:

Btw, I don't know the actual setlist from the DTB show that was filmed for the DVD, so can anyone tell me if these songs will be on it? I'm almost 100% sure that at least Seventh Wave was performed, but I don't know about Night. I know that Dev used to play it on several tours, but I'm not sure about this show.

Both songs are/ would be a great addition to the setlist, I think.