All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#98553 by Joch
Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:23 pm
Sometimes it's just so fucking beautiful, you know. It just connects and feels so honest, true and loving. You don't really need to understand it. It's beyond that. It can be in relationships or whatever. Dev's music tends to do that alot to me. Right now it's things beyond things

”Once when I was young, I used to dream for hours and hours
I’d dream a world that wasn’t small...
And I’d travel to a valley where under trees and earth
I’d set my girl...
...And I knelt down by her head
And lay roses in her hair and I kissed her gently...
But this is what you are
As the sun sets in my eyes I know...
I know I know I know I know I know”

#98564 by doomsoldier
Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:11 pm
I know what you're sayin' man. Dev's music is a great regulator.

#98581 by FUBAR
Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:01 pm
totally agree...beautiful lyrics...

#102844 by Bloody_Rust
Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:57 pm
Yep, I'm not ashamed to admit that that song's made me shed quite a few tears in the last year or so!

#102994 by junkmonkey
Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:48 am
Dev's music has the amazing ability to allow you to imagine some truely beautiful images in your head,i know i'm in another world when i listen to it :)

#103480 by Cygnus
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:26 pm
junkmonkey wrote:Dev's music has the amazing ability to allow you to imagine some truely beautiful images in your head,i know i'm in another world when i listen to it :)

So true. I listened to this song, and i was thinking to myself "they need a video for this song"

If I had the artistic ability, I would make a flash music video for it.

#103508 by Persuader
Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:31 am
One of the greatest songs. Ever. The lyrics are very touching.

#112605 by Burbster
Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:26 am
and it's one chord! Amazing.

#113400 by Skeptic
Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:07 pm
Very cool song. His expression of imagery of epically beautiful. One of the most beautiful creative minds of our time.

Enjoy it! :D

#114772 by Burzum
Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:21 am
The first song of this album that really struck me in one of those moments was Bastard.

I was driving through Sydney late at night, not much traffic but the city lights glowing and Bastard pumping through the car.

I suddenly just said to myself 'wow'. The atmosphere was incredible. It was as if Dev was seeping out of every building, every light, every tree around me.

To this day I've always said that there is nothing better than listening to Bastard while driving through the city at night.

It's ironic given the line earlier in the album 'Here I am, driving through japan at night'.

Anyway, a friend of mine had a similar experience sitting in his bosses office at midnight, looking out of his full wall window with rain pissing down and Dynamics blasting.

I guess Dev has that effect.

I'm currently trying to find the perfect environment for Pixillate. Love that track.

#116018 by VelvetKevorkian429
Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:51 pm
I've found the perfect environment for Pixillate. in fact the entire album. I think that we all have our own personal environments and feelings for Dev's music.

#118237 by Kivenkantaja
Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:45 pm
Just listenend OM through first time. Thing beyond things is propably the most beautiful song I know. And then comes the scream :D

#124410 by frog
Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:56 pm
Things Beyond Things is a cool ending to the album since it's the only guitar-based song that doesn't use distortion. I guess that's why it's a 'bonus track'.

I have an HDR copy, and the title of the song isn't even listed - it's just 'bonus track'. Then again, the first half of the lyrics for Night are missing (and what's left is unlabeled), as well as all of the lyrics for The Death of Music. It's a rather strange copy. :lol: I love the liner notes, though. They're pretty funny.