All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#101748 by the_scoon
Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:08 am
I get a massive amount of images in my mind when listening to this album, and I'm interested to see what other images people get when listening to it. Here's a few of mine:

Night - I'm in a massive city at night

Hide Nowhere - Bright beach with big waves and whatnot

3 AM - i feel like I'm on a boat at around 4:30 in the morning, when it's just getting light, and all around me is just flat ocean (that's a picture that is very solid in my mind)

Voices in the Fan - Same as 3 AM except I'm on the beach

Funeral - I'm in a helicopter (but for some reason I can't see it, like it's invisible) and I'm flying over a massive seascape

#101757 by gozu
Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:52 am
just down the road from where i live there is a incredibley old castle called dunnottar, its mostly a ruin now, but it stands on an outcrop of rock overlooking the sea and during last summer i walked the dog up there and sat on a beutiful day looking at a calm blue horizon and pressed play...

thats the image i always get just a tiny bit of land and just staring out at an ocean for an hour its a great memory that will (hopefully) stay with me forever. the emotions i get from this album are the most extreme massive ups and downs (especially TDOM and Regulator) it rocks...

sorry quite a ramble there :D

#101770 by Sypholin
Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:04 am
The Death of Music...

Things in that color... being in an underwater cave or something, with a tiny ray of light...

#101774 by Mordecai
Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:51 am
I always imagine myself driving around on a dark rainy night with Devin whenever I listen to 'The death of music'.

Especially near the end when he's rambling on about golf balls and that driving range in the sky and you can clearly hear the rain and all the cars driving past. Btw, wtf is 'when a body meets a body coming through the rye'??

Fuck you, ok.. aye?

:wink:

#101781 by BaldMosher446
Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:13 am
When I listen to The Death of Music, I always imagine myself in this type of dark blue...place. It's not a room, or somewhere in the ocean, but I'm completely surrounded by dark blue... It's crazy, but for me it fits well with visualization of the song in my head.

#101792 by Sypholin
Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:37 am
BaldMosher446 wrote:When I listen to The Death of Music, I always imagine myself in this type of dark blue...place. It's not a room, or somewhere in the ocean, but I'm completely surrounded by dark blue... It's crazy, but for me it fits well with visualization of the song in my head.

Yar, the pics I posted are kinda like that. I searched for something more "dark blue-ish" but I didn't find any.

Dude, great minds think alike... :lol:

#102059 by the_scoon
Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:24 am
Mordecai wrote:I always imagine myself driving around on a dark rainy night with Devin whenever I listen to 'The death of music'.

Especially near the end when he's rambling on about golf balls and that driving range in the sky and you can clearly hear the rain and all the cars driving past. Btw, wtf is 'when a body meets a body coming through the rye'??

Fuck you, ok.. aye?

:wink:

That "fuck you ok aye" I only understood a little while ago. He talks about a place in Japan called Fukuoka: Fuk u ok a :D

And about TDOM that is what i get except its darker. Like i get shades of colour at times but its mostly black underwater for me...

#102089 by asparagusDuck
Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:55 pm
From Seventh Wave-Hide Nowhere I kinda feel like I'm on top of the water during a storm with the waves crashing down and everything. The with Sister and 3am, I feel like I've become submerged and am floating through the water seeing nothing but blue. Then for Regulator to the end I feel like I'm on top of the waves again.

#102094 by burning witch
Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:59 pm
Night has always given me the most gorgeous images in my head. It's exactly as the song goes too. Driving through a city at night. A large city, with lots of sky scrapers. The city is dead except for me, yet every window in every building has a light shining from it. Going over large bridges looking at the city ahead of you and the dark blue water underneith.

it's the sort of thing you'd actually want to dream about.
#102126 by Eyesore
Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:53 pm
the_scoon wrote:3 AM - i feel like I'm on a boat at around 4:30 in the morning

Um...

#102128 by Falk
Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:12 pm
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

burning witch wrote:Night has always given me the most gorgeous images in my head. It's exactly as the song goes too. Driving through a city at night. A large city, with lots of sky scrapers. The city is dead except for me, yet every window in every building has a light shining from it. Going over large bridges looking at the city ahead of you and the dark blue water underneith.

Yup', exact same thing for me, and as said in the song, a japanese city. (Look at that site if you've not already seen it http://tokyoyakei.cool.ne.jp/panorama4.html )

Bastard brings similar pictures, except it's mostly picture of a harbor (as said in the song^^), maybe partly because of Shenmue, in which you spent quite some time in a harbor at night, with neon basement and everything...

Voices in the Fan brings images of greek temples full of water, well, the best comparision I have is the water level from the sonic games. A sort of greek divine temple, but with some machinery anyway, and some little water falls here and there, maybe some reversed water falls and weird stuff like in optical illusion.
The "light" part of Greetings keeps this vibe but in a dynamic way, and the heavy part bring me back to "the real world", on to Regulator.

#102142 by djskrimp
Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:56 pm
Falk wrote:LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

burning witch wrote:Night has always given me the most gorgeous images in my head. It's exactly as the song goes too. Driving through a city at night. A large city, with lots of sky scrapers. The city is dead except for me, yet every window in every building has a light shining from it. Going over large bridges looking at the city ahead of you and the dark blue water underneith.

Yup', exact same thing for me, and as said in the song, a japanese city. (Look at that site if you've not already seen it http://tokyoyakei.cool.ne.jp/panorama4.html )

Bastard brings similar pictures, except it's mostly picture of a harbor (as said in the song^^), maybe partly because of Shenmue, in which you spent quite some time in a harbor at night, with neon basement and everything...

Voices in the Fan brings images of greek temples full of water, well, the best comparision I have is the water level from the sonic games. A sort of greek divine temple, but with some machinery anyway, and some little water falls here and there, maybe some reversed water falls and weird stuff like in optical illusion.
The "light" part of Greetings keeps this vibe but in a dynamic way, and the heavy part bring me back to "the real world", on to Regulator.

FUDGE I wanna go to Japan SOOO BADDD

#102179 by burning witch
Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:27 am
Falk wrote:Yup', exact same thing for me, and as said in the song, a japanese city. (Look at that site if you've not already seen it http://tokyoyakei.cool.ne.jp/panorama4.html )

Those pictures are absolutely perfect. I'd searched and searched for something like that!

The only other picture that really sums up the feel of the song is a picture I saw used for SYL -

#102935 by Deathcom7000
Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:06 am
i live by a cliff over the ocean. Thats where I picture life (at about 2:PM). I picture 7th wave on the surface of the Ocean, way out at about 2:AM. The rest of the album is under the water, and the mood of the song depends on how deep I am, and how dark it is. The Death of music however is dark blue, foggy space. And there is just blue energy shooting around with whatever images Dev put into the song.

#103689 by Mexicutioner
Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:18 am
Mordecai wrote:Btw, wtf is 'when a body meets a body coming through the rye'??
It's from the book Catcher In The Rye. It's a line from a song that the character Holden Caulfield loves. For him, it comes to mean that he wants to be a "catcher" the rye fields who saves children from falling off a side a cliff, where the adult world filled with hate and suffering lies below, preserving the innocence.

I'm not sure how Devin interprets it in the song though.