All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#105405 by BlueRaja
Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:26 am
Gets me almost every time. If I'm not in a musical trance via OM, meaning I've been momentarily distracted, I'll remember to turn the volume down right before the scream. Scares the crap out of me if I forget. :o

#105436 by Coma Divine
Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:25 pm
I love it. :D

As I've said here many many moons ago: it can be used as punitive action for naughty neighbours at very inappropriate hours of the day... :twisted:

#106585 by KTR
Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:28 pm
I still remember the first time I heard that scream. I had just listened to the album for the first time all through. In the zen-like ninjameditationnirvana-state of mind I was left after Things Beyond Things...that scream REALLY scared the shit out of me. Nice ending. <3

#106592 by pacman
Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:44 pm
hehe .. it gets me evertytime... and it's a real good song

#106883 by 777th Wave
Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:58 pm
scared me too. it reminds me of the screaming on some tracks on steve vai's sex and religion album - but worse
#110102 by Kivenkantaja
Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:13 am
sj_2150 wrote:thanks devy for the greatest music on the planet, fuck you for traumatising me

thanks devy for the greatest music on the planet, fuck you for.........? umm....
melting my brain, making me paranoid and making me enjoy it? :roll:

#110108 by chrisslight
Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:52 am
Wana know the greatest use I have found for that scream? Well, I work in a video rental store, and put Ocean Machine on the in store system, all is well, then, get to the end, guess who forgot about the scream? It about 17 people and made one child look upset. The lesson? Put it on again soon.

#110189 by Atari
Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:59 pm
Killer.

#113047 by rcfreak7772000
Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:37 pm
you guys like it :P, lol

#113393 by Skeptic
Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:52 pm
I'm guessing with that scream, he got so FRUSTRATED with the recording process and couldn't explain what he wanted to do to the others, it got out of control, so he recorded himself screaming into the mic.

Fuck I wish I could scream like that. I lurve it.
:P

#114346 by Edzecrüshaer
Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:08 pm
Hehe, good stories there boys!:D
As in for me i jumped a good bit the first time i heard it. It still makes me a bit terrified everytime..
I wonder what was the intention of it? Of course it's good, but why?

#114348 by BaldMosher446
Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:54 pm
I remember driving over to my grandmas one night and her house is situated at the bottom of this really long hill. I'm almost there and I have OM in the player going. Well, I forget about the scream at the end and right when I'm about to pull into the driveway...BAM! scream comes on, scaring me half to death. Even worse, in the wake of it all, the scream caused me to completely miss the driveway and plow into the embankment beside the driveway. Didn't damage my car, but it took a lil while to get it out because it was also raining that night. Afterwards, once I got out and got parked in the driveway, I cursed Devin's name for scaring me like that and for driving my car into a dirt embankment. But I still love OM! :lol:

#114358 by Edzecrüshaer
Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:49 pm
God! Amazing how many stories about that scream you guys have! Dude! That scream could kill!

#114386 by djskrimp
Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:56 pm
Skeptic wrote:I'm guessing with that scream, he got so FRUSTRATED with the recording process and couldn't explain what he wanted to do to the others, it got out of control, so he recorded himself screaming into the mic.

Fuck I wish I could scream like that. I lurve it.
:P

I seem to recall during interviews in the mid 90's, primarily with "Sex and Religion" <Vai> that Dev said that he loved to scream his lungs out at any given opportunity. As a matter of fact, there is a scream on the "Sex and Religion" album, for which I shall name "Scream from Hell, Mark I". I believe, (correct if I am wrong), that Dev perfected the Scream from Hell on OM.

At any rate, I defy anyone...ANYONE to duplicate that scream. I shall bow to anyone who is able to pull it off. I can barely do 1/4 of it....what a set of lungs this man has. (God, that sounded bad.)

#114692 by jimmie
Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:41 am
yeah dev, thanks.

it's only got me once. the first time i ever listened. now i always make sure to stop it.

i was listening to OM one time.. and it was on TDOM when my phone rang. im talking on the phone in the other room for about 10 minutes, and i hear the scream from the other room. i chuckled.