All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#113183 by Ike
Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:50 pm
sj_2150 wrote:i had a freaky dev dream last night!!! i was outside my house and they said dev was coming there. so first i see this bald dude and this long haired guy and i asked who the bald dude was and the long haired dude yells out "fuck you, you dont know who sammy hagar is???" and i just walked off. dev was in a chair and he was green! and had alien eyes, i said hi and he hugged me. then i woke up :?

that's indeed a freaky dream. oO but see: the dev is with you.

#113394 by Skeptic
Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:54 pm
I've had about 5 Devy dreams, just about walking up to him, meeting him and shaking hands, having a coffee, etc. (I dont even know if Dev drinks coffee). But nothing THAT weird.

Devy an alien? I think not.

#113452 by Biert
Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:13 am
Skeptic wrote:(I dont even know if Dev drinks coffee)

He does! Black.

http://hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5157

#113519 by Deathcom7000
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:57 pm
sj_2150 wrote:i had a freaky dev dream last night!!! i was outside my house and they said dev was coming there. so first i see this bald dude and this long haired guy and i asked who the bald dude was and the long haired dude yells out "fuck you, you dont know who sammy hagar is???" and i just walked off. dev was in a chair and he was green! and had alien eyes, i said hi and he hugged me. then i woke up :?

THATS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!!! :shock:

#113678 by The Voice In the Fan
Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:22 pm
Lolliklauer wrote:Regarding the interviews i read, my thought is that he is more aware being human than most people.

I think that sums it up perfectly

#126578 by Yanko
Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:11 pm
really, sorry to raise the dead again... .but holy shit

Cav wrote:"GET DOWN THERE... AND PROBE... MY BUDDY'S... ASS!!"

Sorry :) I can just imagine Dev reporting back to the mothership, though:

COMMANDER: Ah, Representative Townsend. How goes the work on Earth? Have you succeeded in enlightening the humans on the transcendental glory of symphonic pop-inflected metal?

DEV: Err...

COMMANDER: Have you converted the masses to the cathartic and uniting power of heavy music, so we may live among them as equals? (Chuckles) Did you manage to convince them you're God yet?

DEV: Dude, I was drunk when I said that. I told you.

COMMANDER: I know, I know. Just pulling your prick there a minute, son. But seriously, how are things going?

DEV: Okay, I guess...

COMMANDER: Just okay? Surely you've distributed aural documents to all the indigenous lifeforms on the planet?

DEV: The CDs? Yeah, we've sold a few. I suppose it's just been a bit more difficult than we thought.

COMMANDER: In what way?

DEV: They just don't seem to get it. A lot of people are into it, but most of them won't pay attention. They're still out fighting each other, being greedy and repressed, buying Limp Bizkit records -

COMMANDER: What? Don't they know that the Galactic High Council placed a ban on giving Fred Durst money under any circumstances?

DEV: He's still a rock star here!

COMMANDER: Mecha-Christ on a hyper camel...

DEV: Look man, it'll still work. There's a lot of smart guys here, and the sales are going up. Strapping's doing well. But I don't know, the rest of 'em just won't catch up with the universe. Shit, skullets aren't even fashionable round here -

COMMANDER: Whoa! Hold the goddamn phone a second: You telling me they don't even rock the skullet? Didn't they even FIND the 11th Commandment?

DEV: Dude, they think I look 'funny'.

PAUSE.

COMMANDER: Fuck it, let's invade. Fancy being World President?

DEV: Do I get to smoke pot on the job?

COMMANDER: Sure.

DEV: Cool. Oh, and can you bring some more pneumatic coolant? Gene's feet have been overheating lately...

was the best post EVER :lol:

#126659 by Death'o'Musak
Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:45 pm
I second that.. imaginations running wild..
its fucking great to see!

#127349 by Kaartinen
Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:20 am
Cav wrote:DEV: Cool. Oh, and can you bring some more pneumatic coolant? Gene's feet have been overheating lately...

Man, this would also explain a lot. Gene must also be an alien. :D

#127365 by Biert
Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:33 am
Kaartinen wrote:
Cav wrote:DEV: Cool. Oh, and can you bring some more pneumatic coolant? Gene's feet have been overheating lately...

Man, this would also explain a lot. Gene must also be an alien. :D

Nonono, Gene is biomech. Half organic, half mechanic ;)

#174315 by El Equine Blanco
Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:35 am
The Voice In the Fan wrote:
Lolliklauer wrote:Regarding the interviews i read, my thought is that he is more aware being human than most people.

I think that sums it up perfectly

Again, that is spot on.
#175568 by Marijn
Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:05 am
In a kind of way Devin is an alien regarding the self-parody album Ziltoid The Omniscient...

By the way, I like my coffee black too!

Re:

#201917 by Admiral Ackbar
Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:50 pm
Cav wrote:"GET DOWN THERE... AND PROBE... MY BUDDY'S... ASS!!"

Sorry :) I can just imagine Dev reporting back to the mothership, though:

COMMANDER: Ah, Representative Townsend. How goes the work on Earth? Have you succeeded in enlightening the humans on the transcendental glory of symphonic pop-inflected metal?

DEV: Err...

COMMANDER: Have you converted the masses to the cathartic and uniting power of heavy music, so we may live among them as equals? (Chuckles) Did you manage to convince them you're God yet?

DEV: Dude, I was drunk when I said that. I told you.

COMMANDER: I know, I know. Just pulling your prick there a minute, son. But seriously, how are things going?

DEV: Okay, I guess...

COMMANDER: Just okay? Surely you've distributed aural documents to all the indigenous lifeforms on the planet?

DEV: The CDs? Yeah, we've sold a few. I suppose it's just been a bit more difficult than we thought.

COMMANDER: In what way?

DEV: They just don't seem to get it. A lot of people are into it, but most of them won't pay attention. They're still out fighting each other, being greedy and repressed, buying Limp Bizkit records -

COMMANDER: What? Don't they know that the Galactic High Council placed a ban on giving Fred Durst money under any circumstances?

DEV: He's still a rock star here!

COMMANDER: Mecha-Christ on a hyper camel...

DEV: Look man, it'll still work. There's a lot of smart guys here, and the sales are going up. Strapping's doing well. But I don't know, the rest of 'em just won't catch up with the universe. Shit, skullets aren't even fashionable round here -

COMMANDER: Whoa! Hold the goddamn phone a second: You telling me they don't even rock the skullet? Didn't they even FIND the 11th Commandment?

DEV: Dude, they think I look 'funny'.

PAUSE.

COMMANDER: Fuck it, let's invade. Fancy being World President?

DEV: Do I get to smoke pot on the job?

COMMANDER: Sure.

DEV: Cool. Oh, and can you bring some more pneumatic coolant? Gene's feet have been overheating lately...

HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
nice one dude!
#202105 by The Dev
Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:52 pm
OK, let me say this once and for all.

OF COURSE I'M NOT AN ALIEN!

jeez...

I like the metaphor of aliens because to me, it insinuates how far from our source we find ourselves in todays society. To not know ourselves, we are alien to ourselves.

I have 1) Never been 'abducted' 2) Never had a 'close encounter'

I am into the imagry, because when we find ourselves so isolated from each other based on hurt and fear, we want to assume that humanity is different than we see day to day, we approach our fear and sensitivity in a way that makes us feel that we are ALONE, when in fact, we're all the same, every one of us. We have different quirks and idiocincracies that make multitudes of different personalities, some beautiful, some terrible...but ultimately, we're evolutionarily PRIMATES at this point, revelling in our own self importance. We are, however, the missing link between the future and now, so every thing we do ultimately affects our future selves. Infinity leads me to believe that time is an illusion based on our projections.

And hey, our nature seems to lie in our duality.

And God?

...first person perspective as far as I'm concerned...am I 'God' in the biblical sense? Christ no...as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't amount to anything, I'm not an athiest or agnostic or dogmatic, things just are. By focussing on my puny, easily confused and lead intellects, I find it hard to accept beauty, pain, and whatnot without truly understanding it...and thats crazy arrogant.

Yeah, I took acid years ago and thought I was 'the center of the universe' but hey, there's not many people who haven't had that experience on psychedelic drugs, and many DO NOT come back from there...the first person perspective though, or 'I', is the common tie between us all, so sure, I'm the center of the universe, but so are you, and you, and you, and that rock, and my fucking cat. To some poor souls, mental illness is fate, to many though, it's a choice, because as sensitive, headstrong folks it's ultimately a place to hide without being culpable. There's things you can do. Go see a doctor, go to a therapist, lift some weights... whatever.

my opinion of myself is that I am slightly above average intelligence, I have fierce social anxiety, and I'm a VERY basic person. Food? ...check, Sex? ...check, Sleep?...check. What do I do with my time? ...music. Why? Because thats where my decisions have lead me.

I don't discredit conspiracy theories, aliens, government cover ups etc...but honestly...what can I do about it? ZIPPO...so until it's in my face, so be it.

I spend my days with chores, work, exercise, a bit of meditation, and if I'm lucky, I get laid once in a while. ...Then I'm good.

I find it hard to get behind a race of creatures that would go billions of light years to glean information from a species who has 90% of their problems solved by copulating once a week.

That said, quantum mechanics...blah blah blah...I believe we're here to understand what it means to be HUMAN, or else we just keep coming back till we DO get it. I used to like to think I was an alien because I'm socially retarded and hope that actually isn't the case and I'm just different. And sure, I'm different, but so are you...and the other people out there. It turns out, that was another place to hide...which was great because theres a HUGE support network for that.

The face of God in my opinion is the beauty of a nice day or a subtle gesture. I think we just have to be quiet to hear it.

Animals know, and go about their business without questioning it, so do insects and trees...theyre too busy being what they are to worry too much about WHY they are and if they're doing a good enough job at it...(and if they'll be punished after the fact.)

So to finish here, yeah, I've said TONS of stupid shit in my lyrics, please understand that I question everything and know NOTHING, and as I get older, I know even less. Hey I'm a Christian! Hey I'm a Satanist! Hey I'm a Canadian! Hey, I'm defined by my hair!

But the rain and the sun are beautiful, and I love pineapple.

Read an Alan Watts book soon, listen to Frank Lloyd Wright.

Love and eternal stupidity,
Devin Townsend.