All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#252398 by GaiaTimesInfinity
Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:48 am
This...
The Dev wrote: By focussing on my puny, easily confused and lead intellects, I find it hard to accept beauty, pain, and whatnot without truly understanding it...and thats crazy arrogant.

You don't need to, and never will fully even if you tried. It might be arrogant, but it's more than likely impossible and thus illogical. I tend to think of everything as math and science, that is enough info for me.

And this...
The Dev wrote:Animals know, and go about their business without questioning it, so do insects and trees...theyre too busy being what they are to worry too much about WHY they are and if they're doing a good enough job at it...

Humans were like this till recently too. Before electricity, before supermarkets etc. Working class folks still hold some of this mindset, but you go back a hundred years or so and you'd know it well. People didn't have the time, care or tolerance for any of the bollocks today, including drugs and thinking too much about anything. And they were better off for it.

My gramdad worked down coalmines from like 10 years old, and my grandma worked her first 2 years without earning a single penny. But they didn't question it, and they were happier for it and married longer than most people today can imagine living. They were also some of the hardest people you could meet, and although I came from a totally different place and family, i learnt to respect them a lot. Those lives and lifestyles are things that should not be forgotten.

I think it could a good idea for kids at school to be forced to endure PHYSICAL history lessons. Real-life sets made up over different periods to give people a realistic idea of what life was actually like, how we got where we are, what ancestors went through etc. Because It's not just about history, entire mindsets and ways of living are vanishing, and being replaced by inferior ways of existing.