All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#109654 by dedrexel
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:13 pm
What is being said in the whisper during the last half-second of Death of Music. I can't figure it out, even when its played on a loop.

As most of you know there's one on City as well that says "I'm no-one...but I've found a way out if you care".

I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!

#112421 by Skeptic
Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:21 am
DUDE!!! I've been trying to figure that one out for ages!
I'm guessing that whole section is Dev walking down the street with a video camera and you can hear the audio. He's in Japan somewhere I know that much, and it must have been, or is raining at the time because you can hear the cars going past.
Poor guy is basically sustaining freaking out. I understand a LOT about bipolar now, through dev's music, but I understand more about psychosis because I am in fact mildly (nowadays anyway) schizophrenic.

Anyway, yeah RIGHT at the end of the track before "Things beyond things" kicks in, there is definitely something whispered, but I cant for the life of me - make it out!

Tomorrow maybe, but soon, I'll use Nuendo or a program similiar to amplify the section and clean it up a bit.

I'll keep you posted!

#112466 by Biert
Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:42 am
Skeptic wrote:DUDE!!! I've been trying to figure that one out for ages!
I'm guessing that whole section is Dev walking down the street with a video camera and you can hear the audio. He's in Japan somewhere I know that much, and it must have been, or is raining at the time because you can hear the cars going past.
Poor guy is basically sustaining freaking out. I understand a LOT about bipolar now, through dev's music, but I understand more about psychosis because I am in fact mildly (nowadays anyway) schizophrenic.

Anyway, yeah RIGHT at the end of the track before "Things beyond things" kicks in, there is definitely something whispered, but I cant for the life of me - make it out!

Tomorrow maybe, but soon, I'll use Nuendo or a program similiar to amplify the section and clean it up a bit.

I'll keep you posted!

You are right, it's Devin in Japan with a camcorder. I remember Tracy said something about this a while ago. The tapes were destroyed in the flood :(

I love this part:
"You see this thing here? No, that's not what I'm trying to say. *laughter*
This thing here"

There's something about a driving range in the sky?

And when he reads Fukuoka as Fuck You OK, Eh?

#112559 by Skeptic
Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:53 pm
There's something about a driving range in the sky?

Hehe yeah, I'm thinking he's referring to the driving ranges they have in Japan that come out the sides of buildings, and are multistory. Something like this???

They're involved in a few movies too. I think "Black Rain" with Michael Douglas has reference to one of these.

That's the closest I can think of anyway...

Also, when it fades out, there's reference to vending machines that give you beer!!! Now why can't they have those where I live??

I haven't got time today to work on the sound file, but I promise I'll get it up and running soon.

:)

#112566 by dedrexel
Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:58 pm
I'm not talking about all that dialogue. Just that split second before the track change.

#112604 by Burbster
Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:25 am
"And then you uhh... shoot golf balls!" "Wow!"

#113307 by dedrexel
Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:44 am
AFTER all that! Listen.

#113309 by Biert
Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:00 am
dedrexel wrote:AFTER all that! Listen.

Yeah there is some murmuring, but I really can't make out any words.

#113390 by Skeptic
Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:39 pm
Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was just clarifying that bit.

Well, I've fucked around with the track for about 5 minutes and I've come up with the conclusion that Dev whispers "...and in HELL you are..." after playing it over and over again trying to distinguish it.

I'd upload the finished file, but I don't know how.

It's RIGHT at the end, JUST before the track finishes.

#113423 by Miek
Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:15 pm
http://rapidshare.de/files/14000114/12_ ... c.mp3.html

I also messed with it, this is the file I ended up with. If this goes against board policy for having a two second segment of the song up, I apologize, it's just for the sake of finding out what Dev says.
Personally, I still can't make it out. "I won't ever give up.." Mayhaps?

#114182 by Skeptic
Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:37 am
Yeah, its that hard to distinguish with the main beat in the background, but I'm 95% sure he says "And in hell you are..." Basically because it sounds like it dude, and it summarises everything he is going through. Makes perfect sense!

#114257 by Deathcom7000
Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:08 pm
I dunno. I pretty much agree with "And in hell you are..." but, I'm not hearing the 'in'.

#114452 by Biert
Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:22 am
I think it's a satanic message. In reverse.

#114464 by Pisshead
Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:30 pm
Satan in the studio with the Dev-inity.

#114480 by acid
Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:54 pm
actually, he's talking about the driving ranges that are up higher on rooftops and such...

you shoot golf balls into a catcher thing that's in the distance a little bit