All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#114756 by A-Daamage
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:32 am
"....and this really stupid tune comes on; it's playing this digitalized version of 'When A Body Meets A Body Comin' Through The Rye'...and stuff on the ground here is all for the blind.... lights up at night.... my eyes are goin..uh...run into somethin'.... ah there..Fukuoka...see? 'Fuck You Okay, Eh?' heh.... byeee(?).... and on all the roads there's beer machines and cigarette machines, (something about getting in a car, rest is unintelligible)...."

and on that last part, if you listen closely, the whisper has actually been reversed. I tried reversing it again, but it's too hard to decipher with the music playing behind it, which gets reversed.

EDIT: upon further scrutiny, it appears to be just a random succesion of whispered vowel sounds: "oh ooh ah ah el ee aaaaaaaah". It still sounds reversed to me, though. I ran it through a high-pass filter at 5K and amplified the section by 1,000%. Anyone else care to venture their findings?

Perhaps Dev could clear this up? :roll:
Last edited by A-Daamage on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

#114758 by Skeptic
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:37 am
If you reverse it, it doesn't make any sense. I'm still sticking to what I think it is.
Why the hell would Dev put random whispering at an end of a song so close to the end thats almost inaudible? THAT doesn't make any sense to me.

At first, I thought it was reversed too. But I don't think it is.

#114760 by Astral Nexus
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:44 am
Yeah, I agree with Skeptic. I think he says "And in hell you are" too. Which really sums up what he is going through.

#114761 by A-Daamage
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:48 am
Of course, this could all be the result of Dev purposely including a barely audible bit of whispered nonsense to make us all search for some hidden meaning that wasn't there to begin with, therefor making us all look petty and silly.

....and then the same could be said about those who search for the existence of an afterlife, extraterrestrials, bigfoot, symbolism....

or I could just fuck off.

#114762 by A-Daamage
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:58 am
I isolated the section, and really, there are no words there at all, unless it actually is reversed. Run it through a high-pass filter at no lower than 1K and then amplify it loud enough to clearly hear the whisper. Again, I ran it through a 5K high-pass filter, then amplified it to 1,000%. You'll hear that there are no words there, just a string of vowel sounds.

If there was a way I could upload a sample, I would. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do so with this forum.
Last edited by A-Daamage on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

#114763 by BrunoN
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:58 am
A-Daamage wrote:....and then the same could be said about those who search for the existence of an afterlife, extraterrestrials, bigfoot, symbolism....

Maybe the hidden message is "there is life afterlife, but fuck religious symbolism - its all about aliens. BTW, beware of bigfoot". Mixed REALLY low.

#114765 by A-Daamage
Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:06 am
BrunoN wrote:
A-Daamage wrote:....and then the same could be said about those who search for the existence of an afterlife, extraterrestrials, bigfoot, symbolism....

Maybe the hidden message is "there is life afterlife, but fuck religious symbolism - its all about aliens. BTW, beware of bigfoot". Mixed REALLY low.

AAAhahahahahaha!!!

Holy shit that was great.

#114780 by Biert
Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:06 am
BrunoN wrote:

Problem solved!!! :lol:

#118087 by Mr. Hell
Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:40 pm
Sounds to me like, "I'm in hell, you all."
Some of those rooftop driving ranges don't have any catching devices, which is probably why Devin was taking about how the balls just fly into the city and go wherever...like into people's heads and shit.
Great fucking song!!