All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#136053 by Goat
Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:36 pm
Check wiki

#142953 by NecroLust
Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:24 am
Entirely off topic, but I remember in primary school being taught Morse Code, and wondering what on Earth for. I mean, they didn't even tell us what each letter was supposed to sound like - they just gave us a visual representation of how long to hold the...note thingy..

It just seemed so pointless to teach 7 year olds Morse Code, in this day and age. I mean, what child is going to care about it?

#142966 by Chris
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am
NecroLust wrote:It just seemed so pointless to teach 7 year olds Morse Code, in this day and age. I mean, what child is going to care about it?

Obviously to blend it in your music :wink:

Which leads to another question: Was Devin told how to use morse codes as a child...? :lol:

(two sentences, two smileys, wuha)

Re:

#170681 by BrunoN
Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
danceswithchickens wrote:Did Info Dump have a hidden message or something?

Yup, it the main 'beat' is actually morse code for...

Info Dump wrote:x2+y2=z2 1+1=0 all is an echo relections of an eternal present connect now and emerge om om om

Translated by Ronnie on the SYL boards:

http://strappingyounglad.com/syl_board/ ... php?t=3877

Wow, let me express belated "I didn't know that!".
#229505 by Blazingmonga
Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 am
kasarna wrote:If it hasn't been seen before, there's Morse code seen in the spectrogram of the song:

What section of the song is this?

I think perhaps you could reach the same conclusion by looking at a spectrogram of any song (repeating patterns of loud and quiet, in equal or integer multiple intervals) so perhaps this is unintentional.

Although obviously Devin has used this in more recent works....

The many mysteries of sound.
#229688 by kasarna
Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:46 am
I don't know from which section that screen was taken, and i think it's connected with Morse code, but I think that's written in binary.