All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...

#126420 by Mayday
Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:03 pm
ConfusedGenius87 wrote: I think OM should be the worst of the ones i've heard cause it's the earliest. Artists should grow, and Dev has.

I recommend you not to listen to that album with this thougth in mind, because while it may apply to most other artists, it doesn't apply to Devy, at least in the traditional way. I mean, sure he's grown over the years, as a man and as a musician, but while recording OM he was already able to capture his musical vision very accurately (by my judgement, I'm sure that the man himself would find flaws) and from that point onwards he's evolved and his musical visions have changed to be different and not better or worse (IMO of course). basically what I'm trying to defend here is that OM isn't your typical debut album with its typical debut album-flaws and it would be a pity not to enjoy it because of that biase. hey but I'm sure you're an intelligent listener and you'll recognise that by yourself :)

or I could just fuck off

btw the death of music might have been the first and only devy song which blew me away instantly and it's still my favourite to this day.

#126432 by JuZ
Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:28 am
ConfusedGenius87 wrote:Eh I gotta hear it more before I judge it. I still love "Bastard" though.

Bastard is a work of pure, unadultered genius. How can someone so ridiculously young write something so breathtakingly profound?

#126447 by ConfusedGenius87
Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:18 am
What's it about exactly? Hey for a first album OM is quite an accomplishment. He definitely gets his vision out of his head and onto the album (which is something i've always admired about him). You know that everything you hear on the albums are out of his head and not conforming to any demands. He does what he wants.

#126465 by JuZ
Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:22 pm
Not sure what it's about, lyrically, but then I've never been an analyser of lyrics/song meanings etc. D'oh!

#126489 by ConfusedGenius87
Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:41 pm
Yeah I love Death of Music now. At first I thought it was boring an uneventful. Subtle stuff takes time to sink in.

#126516 by JuZ
Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:23 am
:)

#126521 by Death'o'Musak
Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:42 am
JuZ wrote:Not sure what it's about, lyrically, but then I've never been an analyser of lyrics/song meanings etc. D'oh!

Why not? have you never wondered why, or how the song was written in the first place?

#150027 by rgx612a
Mon May 21, 2007 3:10 am
Thrashy? You're mental. AE better? You're definitely mental.

#150103 by Deathcom7000
Mon May 21, 2007 3:29 pm
Everyone here is right. After listening to it hundreds of times, it's suddenly like "woah... THIS IS AMAZING"!!

#154140 by Alex78
Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:18 pm
OM is pure brilliance. listen to it at night in your bed with headphones, you'll have a great "journey"
#227449 by A-Daamage
Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 pm
Ocean Machine is the greatest album ever written and it's the only album I will ever give a 10 out of 10. Reign in Blood - nope. Master of Puppets - nope. Rust in Peace - nope. Slaughter of the Soul - nope. While those are all landmark albums (although I'd put Reign at the bottom of the "top" albums list, as I can't stand Tom's vocals), none of them can touch the depth, production, lyrical work, and brilliance of Ocean Machine. There are melodies and harmonies all over Ocean Machine that I have NEVER heard anywhere else. It's as close to perfect as an album can possibly get.
#228310 by Knotrice
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:58 pm
Out of the Dev albums I have (which is most of them) OM is my favourite. The first time I heard The Death of Music, I closed my eyes and lay down for the entire song.
I still like Hide Nowhere the most out of the tracks on that album.