All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#130453 by danceswithchickens
Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:45 am
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but can anyone figure out what the hell that lady is talking about in the background during this track? Maybe it's all the delay, but I can't piece it together. Not that it matters at all; I'm just curious. All I can make out is something about "a ham and a drink of rum", and "oh, they were okay". What is she babbling about?

:lamb:
Last edited by danceswithchickens on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

#130486 by sj_2150
Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:13 pm
its probably "have a drink of rum" and yeah i wouldnt have a clue...

#130487 by JuZ
Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:15 pm
Hang on, I'll have a listen...

#130492 by JuZ
Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:28 pm
Ummmmm...

A fisherman came, something about a lobster.
They had two bunks and they gave him a drink of rum and wiped the blood off, but they were ok?

After about 10 more more minutes of silence (science?)?

God... damn.. inch turned, in return?

... I have no idea. Dev?

#134127 by static2
Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:19 pm
It seems like more of the random sampling he's strewn across the whole record. It certainly adds to the ambience.

And I really wish Dev had made this into a full song. What little it is is beautiful.

#134135 by Blazingmonga
Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:29 am
From memory, I always heard this as a woman describing/talking to a couple of people that have just come in from the cold. She offers them a drink, makes sure they are ok. Like they have just been out in some terrible weather, and then they come inside to be greeted by this character.

#134156 by the_scoon
Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:22 am
static2 wrote:It seems like more of the random sampling he's strewn across the whole record. It certainly adds to the ambience.

And I really wish Dev had made this into a full song. What little it is is beautiful.

100% agreed! I could put this 1 minute track on repeat and it'd still have the same effect.
#178420 by Matt08642
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:19 am
I love this song so much, I kinda hate when it's over, but I love Voices in the Fan too... :D

Re:

#203130 by Tobylove
Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:39 am
static2 wrote:It seems like more of the random sampling he's strewn across the whole record. It certainly adds to the ambience.

yeah agreed… he does that with a lot of parts in songs too… last in date the end part of Trainfire… could have been a amazing song.
#237179 by Knotrice
Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:02 am
danceswithchickens wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed before, but can anyone figure out what the hell that lady is talking about in the background during this track? Maybe it's all the delay, but I can't piece it together. Not that it matters at all; I'm just curious. All I can make out is something about "a ham and a drink of rum", and "oh, they were okay". What is she babbling about?

:lamb:

ACTUAL LOL
no offence to you.