All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#156764 by Eat Beets
Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:57 am
Heard this for the first time a few weeks ago. From :06 to :33 when the drums come in there's a heavily delayed vocal track that sounds like "You're a bastard."
Anyone else heard this? Honestly, I feel idiotic because it's definitely not hidden, I mean it's right there in the mix. I just always payed attention to the guitar bit.
Last edited by Eat Beets on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#156766 by Deathcom7000
Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:00 am
hmm. If what I'm hearing is what you're talking about, then I cant make out the words.

#156781 by TallNerdGuy
Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:17 pm
Hmm...I can't tell if it is just a weird vocal track like you said, or if its some odd sequence thing.
#207006 by Ocealex
Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:47 am
I don't think I can hear anything then again, this track has some much layering there could be many under lying stuff that you arnt aware of.. much like 'War' of Infinity.. when you listen to the 'Morwar' version its only then that you realise just how much is going on underneath the fierce wall of guitars
#237163 by Knotrice
Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 pm
If you mean all the scrambled bits, I sort of hear it. If you don't I have no idea what you're talking about, no matter what I do to the song I hear nothin'.
#237184 by Kristopher
Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:26 am
i hear what your talking about.. i cant hear the words "your a bastard"

And if i hear correctly i think the looped sound ( whatever it is ) continues till about 1.30 then the singing starts... Hard to tell tho as the guitar drums etc are so much higher in the mix.

It kind of accentuates the rythm/movement of the song/ adds to the depth of devys 'wall of sound' without being 'in your face'

Dont know what the sound is... may well be a voice track heavily effected ?? cant make out those words tho. and i play alot with effects ;)
#243421 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 am
Until reading this, I always thought those whispery sounds were just ambience to the song, but I suppose if you deliberately try to listen for "You're a bastard" within them you can (somewhat) pick it up.