All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#159221 by Alex78
Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:38 am
...last night, and I had one of the weirdest dreams ever. :lol: The plot: Dev releases some uber-crazy album and also some book. However, in that dream it was like there was awesome, totally fucked-up music (off that new album) accompanied by weird imaginary stuff...I was kind of flying over landscapes where random things were moving as "part" of the music. and then there was also the Dev himself (don't remember what he did/said!
well, then I woke up and I thought, wow this was like I was inside Dev's mind...he must be a pretty crazy man! :lol:

#159227 by FUBAR
Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:37 am
Hehe sounds cool....I wanna Dev dream :(

#159232 by Alex78
Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:56 am
yes, it's the ultimate fanboy thing I guess ;)

#159245 by faithplusone01
Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:46 pm
I'm guessing the dream ended when the deathly scream from "Things beyond Things" came about... It happened to me once and it scared the living daylights outta me.

#159248 by Liquid
Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:30 pm
Heh, the only Dev I've fallen asleep during is Ziltoid, and even that at hugely loud volume, for no good reason. That "WAKE UP SLACKER" made me fall out of bed, though. It still makes me laugh to think just how freaked out I was at that point. Ha. I wish I could have seen me...

#159325 by Deathcom7000
Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:39 pm
The only Dev dreams I have are dreams of me prank calling him... I dont know what that means.

#160343 by AccEvolution
Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:49 pm
Not OM related, but Devin dream-ish related.

I listen to Hummer almost every night when I go to bed. One night I had probably the strangest experience of my life. I started off the album and maybe 10 minutes into it I ended drifting into that deep conscious feeling I know other people share. When you're aware that you're pretty much asleep. Another 5 minutes passed and I was out.

Well, I slept almost entirely through Arc without a thing happening, then Consciousness Causes Collapse started and I went from deep sleep back to the same deep conscious feeling or maybe it was a dream? At that point the "speech" part of the song had begun and...given my state, I actually thought he was talking to me. I thought I was really dying, I felt like I was really dying. Again, maybe it was a dream, but my airways seem restricted and I was short on breath, it was really scary. I woke up shortly before the song ended because I felt as if I were suffocating.

It can't be described properly with words, but it was unbelievable. Even though it was frightening, it felt great, like some sort of out of body (or mind, rather) experience.

#161293 by rgx612a
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:45 am
I don't understand how someone can fall asleep while listening to music? It's too involving for me...i need blankness, quiet.

Ambient music maybe?

I'm an insomniac though, i have trouble sleeping regardless.

If i've done some heavy drinking i can fall asleep to music though. :lol:
Last edited by rgx612a on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

#161296 by Blazingmonga
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:49 am
Music relaxes me, and when I am relaxed I am more likely to fall asleep.

Yesterday I fell asleep on the train through the whole of The Blackening...which was annoying as I still havent heard it all the way through.

OM is a particularly relaxing album, with many layers and textures and beautiful parts. It is nothing to do with how interesting the album is if it makes you relaxed and sleepy.

Though, The Hummer...that is different. That is hypnotising.

#161301 by Biert
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:42 am
When I'm in bed is about the only moment I can endure silence.

#161305 by shredi knight
Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:12 am
faithplusone01 wrote:I'm guessing the dream ended when the deathly scream from "Things beyond Things" came about... It happened to me once and it scared the living daylights outta me.

+1

The one time I fell asleep listening to OM, I about jumped 6 feet straight up in the air off my bed when it got to the scream. :lol:

I have had a couple of interesting dreams the last couple of nights when I've fallen asleep watching the movie "Aliens".

#161357 by NFF
Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:45 am
this dosent have to do with OM but i once fell asleep to a strapping album... i think it was city but i had a reely wierd dream.... someone was knocking on my door and i got up to answer it and once i opened the door i looked out and found i was at a strapping concert and dev was playing "oh my fucking god" which was awesome.... to bad it was only a dream i wish i coulda seen him live.