All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#201094 by Matt Nevens
Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:13 am
Hey all

I live in a VERY small town in the UK, not many metal heads here, probably less than 20 and 15 of them are too young to drink!

Anyway i was browsing the new jukebox in my local pub, the kind of pub that has a pool table and 30 sweaty fat men sat in every night, i found the usual Pantera and Pearl jam that you find in any British pub, but wait, whats this.....THE ENTIRE OCEAN MACHINE ALBUM!!!!!! Fair to say i put nearly all of it on MUCH to the disaproval of the 5 sweaty fat men that were in at the time!

It was great, the sound system is MASSIVE and they only usually get people using it late on an evening so its LOUD.
Beautful Sunday afternoon, aboot 4pm, cold beer, game of pool and Life POUNDING out of the spaeakers!

For a moment i was in heaven.
#201572 by Rahovart
Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:39 pm
That's amazing! The best we've found is a bit of Dethklok and Burzum, in a similar sort of small town pub.

Proves there's Devin fans hiding everywhere, sneaking about quietly :P
#201637 by Matt Nevens
Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 am
yeah theres a small clan of dev fans in my town but only cos i forced it on them and theyve grown to like it!
#202191 by jburde
Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:03 pm
I want to visit your town now... Dev is probably one of the most unheard of musicians around here
#202445 by Matt Nevens
Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:35 am
yeah you should its a nice little town, a bit of crime and drug problems but theres a LOT of young people here, managed to empty the pub of old people on sunday by playing LOVE? followed by the entire ocean machine album, great to play pool to and the bar staff on a sunday night are well into metal so they were loving it too!!

My town should come up on google; Great Ayton, North Yorkshire, UK

or theres some info on my companies website; www.whinstoneview.com which, by the way, is the ONLY place to eat in style in this part of the UK!!
#203304 by AxxionJackson
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:02 pm
Thats awesome man, I wish we had Ocean Machine in our jukes. :( Man, if only there were more dev fans...
#212122 by croomekid
Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:05 pm
I've considered founding a radio station devoted to Devin, I'm sure I could convert locals to assimiliate to Devin-ism.
#213373 by Wander
Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 am
croomekid wrote:I've considered founding a radio station devoted to Devin, I'm sure I could convert locals to assimiliate to Devin-ism.

Not such a bad idea with his extensive catalog, but surely you would play other stuff too occasionally?
#213468 by croomekid
Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:02 pm
Wander wrote:
croomekid wrote:I've considered founding a radio station devoted to Devin, I'm sure I could convert locals to assimiliate to Devin-ism.

Not such a bad idea with his extensive catalog, but surely you would play other stuff too occasionally?

Well sure, sadly there's no way anyone could run a radio station exclusively to Devin's works, haha.
I'd probably just play more local music, Devin's influences, or my own favorites haha. :)
#213515 by Wander
Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:40 am
croomekid wrote:
Wander wrote:

Well sure, sadly there's no way anyone could run a radio station exclusively to Devin's works, haha.
I'd probably just play more local music, Devin's influences, or my own favorites haha. :)

A Devin/prog/metal/ambient/etc. etc music radio would work for me :D

Nobody plays ambient on radio!
#213619 by croomekid
Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:32 pm
Wander wrote:
A Devin/prog/metal/ambient/etc. etc music radio would work for me :D

Nobody plays ambient on radio!

Eh not many people listen to it in general, although it's great to fall asleep to or to have in the back ground when you're doing homework or something.