All that I've known is gone, time to be moving on...
#246617 by GaiaTimesInfinity
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 am
Hey,

Could someone tell me about the art for this albumn or provide any links explaining it e.g. interviews. I've not found any info explaining it in much detail. My main questions are...

1) What is the object on the art above the ocean supposed to be? It looks like a clockwork head with no face and something hanging off the bottom? :?

2) What is the meaning of the logo on the front of the head-thing ? Is it an original logo design? Does it symbolise anything in particular?

3) Is "OM" an acronym for Ocean Machine, or is that just a coincidence?

Thanks.
#246660 by mrbean667
Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:59 pm
I can only answer number three, that OM is not a coincidence at all.
#273099 by Griff
Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 pm
I was searching for info on the Biomech artwork today, and came up with zilch. Well, I found from on Wikipedia that Masa Noda and Daniel Collins handled artwork. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_Mach ... #Personnel I know Masa Noda has done photography for Devin (and also Arch Enemy). I think I found Masa Noda's Facebook page, so I PMed him/her and now await a response. I googled Daniel Collins but didn't find much.

My interpretation is it's a faceless head and neck that appears to be torn off and hovering above the sea / ocean. The Ocean Machine logo has replaced the face and there's machinery inside the head where the brain ought to be. To me it just visualises the words "Ocean Machine" and "Biomech."

Regarding OM being an acronym for Ocean Machine, what makes you sure it's not a coincidence?
#273407 by mrbean667
Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:31 am
Griff wrote:
Regarding OM being an acronym for Ocean Machine, what makes you sure it's not a coincidence?

Dev said so himself. Om (the concept) is a big part of his music, and I remember him saying that when he was trying to come up with an album title for the ocean-themed album, OM came up.