Archived - Discussion about records and bands produced by Devin
#81417 by organic spiral
Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:30 pm
And so we have another Devin production. I have to say, I think Devin might have been the man that made this album. I like Darkest Hour, but hearing their other work and then listening to this, it seems Devin has had some sort of hand in the songwriting at times. But anyway, beautiful production. The band sounds viscious and actually beautiful at times. The album really feels like a whole. Excellent work by the band and especially Devin. I'm sure he had alot to do with the inspiration.

What d'ya think?

#81841 by King Fear
Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:03 am
I'm just listening to the two mp3s available from the Victory site, and production completely aside, I've had more than enough of the style of music for this year, no matter how good or bad a band they are. I'm just tired of it.

#81877 by 7lights
Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:12 am
They have really crazy riffs those guys. Dev was producing their album down the hall when we were working on our new evenlight record, so I got to hear it all the way along. Beavis and I kept hanging out and checking out the guitar work. Good guys too, John came over to my room for frequent "breaks" :beavis:

#82530 by IndyMetalEd
Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:35 pm
All I have to say is they were hardcore before Devin got a hold of them. I wish he would produce my bands album.

#82552 by black_tooth_grin
Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:55 am
I heard this album awhile ago, my first thoughts were it didn't really sound like it was produced by Dev. I'm use to crazy noise's and ear peircing screams. But i still thought he did a great job, lets hope the fans of "Harcore" appriciate the work of Dev and get into some SYL.

#82620 by IndyMetalEd
Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:41 am
SYL is on it.

#84333 by Catatonik
Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:03 pm
This was a great album for them, with Dev's help, they stepped out of the shadow of the "at the Gates-core" sound and became something all their own.

#89985 by Ineq
Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:21 pm
I could actually stand to listen to this album. Their last album was horrendously boring to me.

#105482 by alphaenemy
Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:28 am
I didn't even realize that Devin produced this album until a month or so after I obtained it. One of my top 5 for 2005, easily, even before I knew Devin was at the helm. Smacks of Dark Tranquillity meets Edge of Sanity's Crimson II.

#105622 by FUBAR
Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:36 pm
I feckin love this album...I love dev's trademark touches of ambience aswell.