Archived - Discussion about records and bands produced by Devin
#84176 by black_tooth_grin
Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:35 pm
Devin Townsend (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) is set to produce the next GWAR CD, the band's followup to their DRT Entertainment debut "WarParty", which hit stores earlier this year. Song titles, tracklisting, and a final release date, however, is still to be announced for the disc - but an early 2006 shelf debut seems likely. GWAR have been churning out albums since 1988, and recently ended a stint on the inaugral Summer tour, the SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND.

#84209 by Atari
Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:43 pm
Should be fun.
#84212 by gurp13
Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:57 pm
Im A Strapping Young Lad wrote:Devin Townsend (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) is set to produce the next GWAR CD, the band's followup to their DRT Entertainment debut "WarParty", which hit stores earlier this year. Song titles, tracklisting, and a final release date, however, is still to be announced for the disc - but an early 2006 shelf debut seems likely. GWAR have been churning out albums since 1988, and recently ended a stint on the inaugral Summer tour, the SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND.

I've never been a GWAR fan. Are they any good?

#84332 by Catatonik
Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:01 pm
I shit myself when I read this.

(Especially as I discovered about it at the same time I learned Peter Tagtgren is producing Celtic Frosts new album.)

If ANYBODY can do Gwar justice, it is Devy.

Gwar may once have been just a gimmick, but their recent albums have been extremely strong musically, and as eclectic as ever.

#84361 by Archetype
Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:33 am
well, I smell a Gwar / Zimmers Hole tour coming up :)

#84399 by TimCo
Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:42 am
With any luck it will be a return to form from the yesteryear wonderment of Scumdogs.

#84476 by BenMech
Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:36 pm
Archetype wrote:well, I smell a Gwar / Zimmers Hole tour coming up :)

Oh dear lord. NOBODY will survive

#84640 by Catatonik
Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:06 pm
GWAR/ZH?

That would be awesome.

Throw the Darkest of the Hillside Thickets on there and you have the ultimate stage show tour.

#93793 by Deth Warmdover
Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:29 pm
Devin Townsend producing GWAR!!!???
OOOHHhhhh Gawd... oohh.. pleasure overload....
yyyyyyyyyeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghphtttttttehhhhhhhhh!!!!
Look forward large for this metal ambrosia :twisted: :lol:

#93798 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:18 pm
he's also producing reflux apparently, and for anyone who saw reflux live your jaw probably just dropped. reflux was amazing, some really great talent there.

#93821 by mo
Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:50 pm
where is reflux from?

#93823 by Spinalcold
Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:01 pm
Reflus is from all over the US, each one is from a different state.

And I was hoping Devin would be producing the new GWAR album, I heard Devin say he wanted to, is this confirmed now? The last two times I saw them live kicked ass, they sound so heavy live and War Party was a pretty heavy album. If Devin were to produce it, you can rest assure it will be a true heavy metal album. Can't wait to hear it.

I wonder if I should go and see GWAR for the third time this year on Monday....I was going to skip it...but with this news...may be worth to see if they have new material

#98476 by DevonH
Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:15 pm
Spinalcold wrote:Reflus is from all over the US, each one is from a different state.

So there are 50 member in this band? Stage would be crowded eh?

#98944 by ALieN
Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:20 pm
That Reflux guitarist sounded like he should have been playing alongside John Petrucci in Dream Theater.. that guy had some talent.