Archived - Discussion about records and bands produced by Devin
#147107 by Cristuff
Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:13 am
Hi everyone,

I would like to know what Devin uses and abuses in his studio, from the mics to the racks and the mixer etc...

Thanks a lot !
:wink:

#147171 by Biert
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:57 am
Cubase is all I know :P

#147238 by Archetype
Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:23 pm
Nuendo & Ableton Live, right?
It's pretty clear that Devin uses Ableton to create loops of his music. I wouldn't be surprised if the songs started out like totally different ideas, but after having been cut to pieces and thrown in Ableton, different and even better ideas came up.

#147304 by Cristuff
Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:08 am
Thanks a lot ! But some the links don't work. :?:

#150572 by hopeleaves04
Fri May 25, 2007 5:52 pm
What about more of the gear he uses in his home studio?

Id love to know which mics, monitors, software, and mixer he uses in his studio. Pluss, any other rack gear, amps, or guitars other then what he uses live?

Also, are there any pictures available of his home studio setup?

Im a recording producer/engineer in training and I love all this kind of technical gear shit. It gets me off ;) haha!

Dev is the greatest producer ever! :D

#151318 by Puzzleface
Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:55 pm
Biert wrote:Cubase is all I know :P

Which version?

#151324 by JayjayAbnormal
Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:37 pm
hopeleaves04 wrote:What about more of the gear he uses in his home studio?

Id love to know which mics, monitors, software, and mixer he uses in his studio. Pluss, any other rack gear, amps, or guitars other then what he uses live?

Also, are there any pictures available of his home studio setup?

Im a recording producer/engineer in training and I love all this kind of technical gear shit. It gets me off ;) haha!

Dev is the greatest producer ever! :D

Get the special edition of Ziltoid and theres a video where he says what guitars, amps, rigs, strings, and even cables he uses. Its all recorded inside the Devlab :wink:

#151325 by hopeleaves04
Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:43 pm
Thanks for the tip but I actually already have that. haha (awesome vid by the way, very informative)

Unfortunately he only discuss his live setup and doesnt elaborate on any of his studio gear. Im sure some of his live setup is used in the studio as well but I would love to know what else he uses. Perhaps the Dev himself or one of his trusty assistants could snap some photos of his studio set up? That would be awesome!

#151326 by JayjayAbnormal
Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:12 pm
Oops :P

Maybe his studio gear might just be that, but with a output to the ProTools PC. But that seems a little too simple

#151334 by hopeleaves04
Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:25 pm
Yeah thats what im thinkin, that be wayyy to simple for the Dev haha :wink:

Re:

#236619 by Mr Susan
Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:57 pm
Atari wrote:The big main proper thread for it is here:

viewtopic.php?t=5811&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

featuring corrected links.

BUNG
this being a production thread means that the questions is valid and justified (and free from the tyranical clicks of moderators and administrators). We're more interested in the home studio environment ie. mics, audio interfaces, compressors, software, plugins, sequencers and so much more. That wasn't listed in your link.