Archived - Discussion about records and bands produced by Devin

#163060 by niklang
Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:36 am
Yeah i agree "Malice..." was a great album. I don't like a whole lot of metalcore as they seem to sound evry similar and rely on the breakdown, melodic bit, breakdown etc etc but a few of the better bands can hold my attention. Misery Signals certianly fall into that category. I have their second album too which I didn't like as much, but it was still good in places. Now that Dev is producing the next one I will be up for getting it.

#163102 by djskrimp
Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am
I wish he were able to be involved with Threat Signal...oh BOY the music that would ensue!
#171379 by shanky
Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:56 pm
This album doesn't come out for another month, but it leaked, and I must say that both the guys in Misery Signals and Devy have done an awesome job.

The songwriting is better, and the production is super tight.
#185675 by Dan G
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:00 am
Of Malice And the Magnum Heart is a FUCKING INCREDIBLE album. Ok, it has origins in both hardcore and metal, but I don't think that makes it a metalcore record as there is so much more to it than that. The ambience, the polyrhythmic breakdowns, the huge layering, the dissonant and suspended chords... and the lyrics are great.

I was very dissappointed with Mirrors, which was a lot more stripped down and metalcore sounding, but Controller is a nice balance between the two. I'd love to borrow the kick sample Devin used on Controller because it is punchy and hevy :wink: as fuck.
#200061 by Rahovart
Sat May 30, 2009 5:56 am
Dan G wrote:I'd love to borrow the kick sample Devin used on Controller because it is punchy and hevy :wink: as fuck.

Isn't it just the fucking best?

I love Controller, a friend turned me onto a lot of metalcore (I never really got it before, but I've taken a real shine to it recently) but this album is just in a world of its own. Right now its my standard of how a metal album should sound. Fluid yet punishing.
#201359 by AlucardXIX
Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 pm
This album is seriously one of my all time favorites now. I can listen to it any time. Karl is such a beast of a vocalist.