Archived - Discussion about records and bands produced by Devin
#166596 by Matt Nevens
Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Heyho

I know Dev mixed the new ZH album but did he produce it too?

I just pre ordered it from amazon, heard the new song on myspace n it sounds awesome, its got that huge sound that Dev songs tend to have.
#166647 by dee-vee
Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 am
It is the best album I have heard in years. The vocalist Chris Valagao, is easily one of the best metal vocalists to date. I don't know what he did since the old albums but he either sold his soul to the devil or found out how to use his voice. He is amazing. The album is pure metal all the way. I really hope it becomes more than a side project.
#166681 by FUBAR
Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:25 am
dee-vee wrote:It is the best album I have heard in years. The vocalist Chris Valagao, is easily one of the best metal vocalists to date. I don't know what he did since the old albums but he either sold his soul to the devil or found out how to use his voice. He is amazing. The album is pure metal all the way. I really hope it becomes more than a side project.

Pretty sure it's a full time, fully functioning band now.
#196391 by GULCH OF ROT
Fri May 01, 2009 2:07 pm
dee-vee wrote:It is the best album I have heard in years. The vocalist Chris Valagao, is easily one of the best metal vocalists to date. I don't know what he did since the old albums but he either sold his soul to the devil or found out how to use his voice. He is amazing. The album is pure metal all the way. I really hope it becomes more than a side project.

i picked this one up about a month ago and it is pretty much all i listen 2 the last song whats my name.....evil is fricking amazing get this album asap
#196452 by cheesecake
Fri May 01, 2009 9:00 pm
Hmmmm, its not really that great.
Jed can write better than what he did. I don't think that the stuff is that original, to be honest.
Val's vocals are pretty good, and you can tell that the Dev trained him because he's a lot better.
Gene's drumming is flawless.

Good album for people who are just getting into metal. But as a long-time Metalhead, I have better things to listen too.
#196577 by psychotic
Sat May 02, 2009 11:35 pm
I love that album so much. The vowel song cracks me up so much.
#196637 by Biert
Sun May 03, 2009 2:56 pm
cheesecake wrote:Val's vocals are pretty good, and you can tell that the Dev trained him because he's a lot better.

Gene said that Val was the best singer he'd ever heard, though.
#196669 by cheesecake
Sun May 03, 2009 10:44 pm
Biert wrote:
cheesecake wrote:Val's vocals are pretty good, and you can tell that the Dev trained him because he's a lot better.

Gene said that Val was the best singer he'd ever heard, though.

All due respect to Gene's opinion - not a chance. He is defiantly great, but the Dev is much better. Sure, Val pulls off A LOT of great high notes on most of the albums songs, but when you compare them to Dev on Life, Storm, Canada etc. its obvious that the Dev is better.

Oh and about "Canada", 2:36 - 3:26 or so - that's some epic shit (good shit, haha :P )

One thing we can all agree on: They both have very unique vocal styles and abilities. Kudos to both of them.
#197462 by Retribution
Sat May 09, 2009 12:57 pm
I did read an interview with Chris and Jed a while ago where the vocalist talked a bit about his work as background vocalist on Devin's albums. From what he said he and Devin really know eachother's strengths and weaknesses when it comes to singing. And he mentioned that he's been there to fill up "the holes" in Devin's voice as a background singer.
I personally think that he's a good singer too though. I haven't really thought of comparing yet on the other hand.