Archived - Discussion about records and bands produced by Devin
#167690 by Biert
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:55 am
Funny how people can suddenly "look forward to" hearing an album of a band they formerly "never been much for" just because of who produced it :roll:
#167703 by Amerikraut
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:10 am
Biert wrote:Funny how people can suddenly "look forward to" hearing an album of a band they formerly "never been much for" just because of who produced it :roll:

Its funny how people can be complete douche bags for no apparant reason. Bleeding Through is one of those bands that has always had potential, just horrible execution in terms of albums. Take "The Truth" for instance. Some good ideas...a few decent songs...but a terrible album overall. If Townsend can convince Schiavati to stop with the clean vocals and help shape their ideas into actual songs...it could end up being a decent album instead of a trendy mallcore flop for hot topic kids. And yes...Townsends name on anything is enough for me to be excited about it. SO in closing...take that time you were going to use to reply to this post and go fuck yourself Biert.
#167709 by Amerikraut
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 am
BlueRaja wrote:02 - While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.

TIME OUT! :karate:

It wasnt anymore purposeless or insulting than the previous post that incited mine. Sometimes the truth hurts.
And if you didnt laugh at my post than something is wrong with you. Something is terribly wrong.
#167711 by BlueRaja
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51 am
There's nothing wrong with me, Amerikraut. My post wasn't directed only at you, but just as a reminder. If you have a problem with me trying to keep things civil, take it up with me in a PM.

Or we can carry on and let the thread continue in a sunshine & happiness manner. :)
#167714 by Biert
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:07 pm
My post was in no way directed to you, Amerikraut. I'm sorry if I made it seem so. I just quoted you because what you said was a prime example of something I see more and more often. Not just by you, not just my Devin Townsend fans, not just music fans, but throughout society. People run after names and brands with blind faith, and I don't understand that. My motto is something like "see before you believe".

But hey, if this turns out to be a killer album, I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong. In fact I hope it will turn out good, after reading that Ziltoid review it looks like Devin has something to make up for :lol:
#167716 by Amerikraut
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:15 pm
Biert wrote:My post was in no way directed to you, Amerikraut. I'm sorry if I made it seem so. I just quoted you because what you said was a prime example of something I see more and more often. Not just by you, not just my Devin Townsend fans, not just music fans, but throughout society. People run after names and brands with blind faith, and I don't understand that. My motto is something like "see before you believe".

But hey, if this turns out to be a killer album, I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong. In fact I hope it will turn out good, after reading that Ziltoid review it looks like Devin has something to make up for :lol:

I see where you are coming from...Devin Townsend is one of the few names that ill blindly follow regardless of the output. And honestly...i bet it will still suck...just like Darkest Hour...just like Lamb of God. I just like to see what Devin brings to the table with other bands, hes someone whos work i will always give a chance. Ill always be excited to hear his name on anything. Especially since we wont be seeing new SYL or DTB...atleast not for a while. And just to clear things up...its hard to express rude sarcasm via text so sorry if that one post was taken 100% seriously.
#167746 by Persuader
Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:39 am
See, that's more like it, icecream for both of you!
And thanks for the heads up, I will sure keep an eye out for the album. Like you said Amerikraut, it's always cool to hear what Dev can do with other bands. And hopefully we'll get more hilarious studio reports, like with Darkest hour. 8)