Archived - Discussion about records and bands produced by Devin
#229356 by ravell
Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:54 pm
I have been listening to Zimmer's Hole and I just looked up their Wikipedia page and I read Chris Valagao's interview on mtv.com which is linked to from his own Wiki page. He said that his and Devin's voices complement eachother very well and where Devin's lacks, he adds his. There is also a list of Devy albums that Chris has laid background vocals on, and it contains the vast majority of Strapping's, DTB's and Devin's own albums.
I have never noticed anyone else's voice on these albums. It's like Mike Monroe's saxophone on G'n'R's Bad Obsession, I just don't hear it.
Does anyone know where in particular Chris' voice is? Any significant vocal parts or screams that we thought were Devin's but are really Chris'?
#229506 by Blazingmonga
Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:16 am
Thats a really good question...

In my mind I have always assumed that Valagao was used more in the higher parts as I would say that Dev has a very powerful mid range, and that Val doesn't seem to use lower tones in his other music so much. Then again I am sure Dev can reach quite a high note anyway.

Hmm. Need more infos.
#239809 by JohnnyResin
Sat May 08, 2010 2:08 pm
if you've listened to enough Zimmer's Hole and Mechanism you'd be able to hear his stuff with Dev a little more...

pretty much anywhere that the vocals needed a little more breadth there's some of Val...just like layering guitars.