The early years discussion: IR8, Wildhearts, Steve Vai, Noisescapes, etc

#103524 by sj_2150
Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:53 am
Tracy wrote:He took a lot of flack in the press for Vai and for 'replacing' CJ in the Wildhearts. Some people blamed him for "ruining" both bands so nerves were pretty raw at the time.

WHO SED THAT???? ILL FUCKING KILL THEM!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

#103569 by Matthijs K.
Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:37 am
I would love to get my hands on some video material of the Dev. I know we'll get a dvd along with Synchestra, but I'd still love to see some early work like Wildhearts or Vai. I've seen the odd file pop up on p2p networks, but I've never managed to download an entire file. Very frustrating! Is there anyone who's willing to help me out in the bootleg department? It would be highly appreciated.

#103603 by Atari
Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:10 pm
....and keep it to PM.

Right?
#106555 by Kadaj
Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:25 pm
21st Century Jesus wrote:from what I know there is one live show "Steve Vai live in NYC 1993" video bootleg with 940MB as mpg, and i dont have the complete one. maybe anyone can help? are there any other Vai 93 recordings out there with Dev on board?

*I think i have it,...about 916mb, 1hr 31mins long, sound isnt too bad but the filming is a bit annoying at times (i think the guy that was filming it had to hide his camera a hell of a lot lol) it's incomplete too :(, Devvy is really hyper in it hehe :P ...i'd give you it if you want it...not sure how to get it to you though :? *
#106561 by Biert
Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:29 pm
Kadaj wrote:
21st Century Jesus wrote:from what I know there is one live show "Steve Vai live in NYC 1993" video bootleg with 940MB as mpg, and i dont have the complete one. maybe anyone can help? are there any other Vai 93 recordings out there with Dev on board?

*I think i have it,...about 916mb, 1hr 31mins long, sound isnt too bad but the filming is a bit annoying at times (i think the guy that was filming it had to hide his camera a hell of a lot lol) it's incomplete too :(, Devvy is really hyper in it hehe :P ...i'd give you it if you want it...not sure how to get it to you though :? *

Upload it to http://www.yousendit.com (and share the link please!)

#106569 by gozu
Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:50 pm
yeah i'd like to see that pm pleeeeaaaaaassseeee :D

#106710 by Matthijs K.
Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:28 am
Ooh! Ooh! Me too, me too!

#107969 by STS
Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:49 am
that's good stuff!

#113460 by Pete-Bass
Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:56 am
I saw them when they visited Dublin, Ireland, where I'm from. An Interesting show, and as loud as f**k. Devin was extremely Hyper onstage, making faces etc. The show was a Support slot for Aerosmith, and the place was already packed in anticipation of Vai's show, but I don't think anyone was expecting Devin :lol: .

#114677 by Pete-Bass
Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:58 am
Tracy wrote:
poor dev got a bit of a hard time, i never knew why
did he leave the wildhearts under bad terms or was it amicable?

No, it was good but he really had to go do his own thing. He had "Heavy as..." brewing, ready to burst, and was really not into playing rock at the time. The Wildhearts lifestyle was also a little wilder than he preferred. It was always supposed to be temporary.

I heard him interviewed about it once and he jokingly said about his Wildhearts tenure "that was just a Summer Job Man c'mon! a Walk in the Park"

#117854 by Pete-Bass
Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:20 am
VampireDaveGrohl wrote:Well, he did shove a drumstick up his arse to due to over excitement at one point, if i recall correctly.

Yeah, and Wildhearts fans (of which i am a huge one) can be stupidly analy loyal to members. After Jon Poole replaced Danny there was a gig where some of the audience booed him throughout. Ginger got mightily pissed off about it and ranted on the website. I mean, the wildhearts have had more members than you can mention in a single breath, why boo someone? Tsk.

I would have LOVED to have seen Devin on stage with them. I can't imagine what it would have been like.

I think the "booing" was from a show in Liverpool last Year or the Year before. I think thats the date because when they came to Dublin just a Number of Days later, Ginger was raging about Liverpool vowing he'd "never play there again". Funnily enough, though Ginger was venting his rage that night, Jon Poole didn't seem to care about it at all and seemed perfectly happy eough to laugh at it all.

#117971 by Chops 666
Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:13 pm
Dime...
Dev & Vai
Leno
now

#118498 by funny_little_guy
Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:06 am
Chops 666 wrote:Dime...
Dev & Vai
Leno
now