The early years discussion: IR8, Wildhearts, Steve Vai, Noisescapes, etc
#69480 by arrzix
Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:47 pm
Hi everyone!
Nice to be part of the hevydevy family....just a few days ago I got Ass-Sordid Demos II from HDR.It's awsome!!You can tell from these early recordings that Devin had talend.Anyway since english is not my native language I'm having problems understanding the words.Can anyone help me with my 2 favourites....Cold and Soft?I've already checked http://www.hevydevy.com but there are no lyrics to this album...
#205518 by Naz
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 am
I'm aware I haven't been here of late, as I've been too busy kicking my habits, and I'm also aware this is the singular largest necropost I've ever done, but I feel it is necessary to do so, as this is easily in my top ten dev tracks, and I'm a picky person when it comes to minutae. Also, having been working on learning the solo slowly but surely, having worked out the rest bar the drums, 'twould also be nice to know the song in its entirety. I feel I must stress, however, that this is not something that I would make a cover of, as I would not do it justice and it does not fit my playing style. That said, I'm glad to be back and still playing "Coast" daily as I was when I left.

Sorry for the transgression, and I hope everyone got by alright without me.

Keep creating.

:guitar:
#208436 by Tobylove
Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Soft = Ki

check the lyrics on the CD, Not sure about the end of Soft… if its the same or not… I guess its not :roll:
#213826 by Sam-I-Am
Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:47 pm
Tobylove wrote:Soft = Ki

check the lyrics on the CD, Not sure about the end of Soft… if its the same or not… I guess its not :roll:

Yes, Tobylove, the beginning of Ki has the same lyrics as Soft. I actually just noticed this today having not listened to Ass-sordid Demos II since getting Ki. I knew that there was something familiar when I heard Ki but couldn't put my finger on it. Never dreamed Ki was a nearly 20 yr old song that was all grown up now. Pretty neat stuff, I think. Makes me glad that I have felt that way about poetry I've written...never actually finished as one can come back to something and put a whole new perspective on it later.

Lyrics to Ki:

Days alone, never felt like this
The lights of home, a year away
And it's too late to fight it all, just drive.
And the streets...glow...and the night...
The night is soft

("Soft" carries on from here into it's own song...this is end to the lyrics used from it in "Ki")

Soft

And it's all inviting
as anyone could ever know
and this warm collective we endure...
We endure and pass the motive
We endure and pass the moon.
We endure.
We endure and pass the moon.
We endure.