The early years discussion: IR8, Wildhearts, Steve Vai, Noisescapes, etc
#130221 by VelvetKevorkian429
Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:50 am
Hey guys, I just borrowed this Steve Vai DVD my friend got from like Japan or someplace like that, and on it it has Dev and Steve hosting some TV show that place various music videos. They showed a video by Casutic Thought, with what looks like Devin on guitar in the video, and a video for Down Deep Into The Pain from Sex & Religion. I've never seen these videos before. Hell, I didn't even know they existed. So I'm wondering if anyone else knew about thiese videos? It seems like a pretty rare find.

Another interesting thing is the interview, where Devin and Vai sing In My Dreams With You backwards.

#130224 by the_scoon
Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:33 am
Steve Vai's website has In my Dreams With You and Down Deep into the Pain. The video for In My Dreams is funny. The drummer CANNOT play backwards hahaha. :lol:

#130232 by Yanko
Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:11 am
the_scoon wrote:Steve Vai's website has In my Dreams With You and Down Deep into the Pain. The video for In My Dreams is funny. The drummer CANNOT play backwards hahaha. :lol:

yeah, i actually thought "man, they got some random retard to play the drums in the video! Where the hell is bozzio?!"

and then i saw that dude playing live on the 93 bootleg. The man fucking slays, he's just a terrible backwards actor :lol:

#130238 by JayjayAbnormal
Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:28 pm
I wouldnt mind seeing the DVD with Devin hosting the vids and shit.

#130239 by VelvetKevorkian429
Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:48 pm
What really caught my attention was the Caustic Thought video. I havn't been able to find anything by them, and the video is quite interesting.

#130241 by JayjayAbnormal
Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:08 pm
VelvetKevorkian429 wrote:What really caught my attention was the Caustic Thought video. I havn't been able to find anything by them, and the video is quite interesting.

Any chance you could get your friend to rip it?

#130292 by djskrimp
Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:51 pm
Yanko wrote:
the_scoon wrote:Steve Vai's website has In my Dreams With You and Down Deep into the Pain. The video for In My Dreams is funny. The drummer CANNOT play backwards hahaha. :lol:

yeah, i actually thought "man, they got some random retard to play the drums in the video! Where the hell is bozzio?!"

and then i saw that dude playing live on the 93 bootleg. The man fucking slays, he's just a terrible backwards actor :lol:

Wasn't Mike Mangini playing with Vai by '93?

#130293 by kyl88
Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:07 pm
I think Mike Mangini joined Vai during the Fire Garden days. '96 or '97.
In '94 and '95 he was with Extreme, wasn't he? :)

#130294 by Yanko
Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:31 pm
yeah, by what i've known, Mangini was on his Fire Garden album & tour. The whole S&R era was kinda weird band-wise, there were a lot of switches (bassists and drummers kept changing), a lot more than the "usual vai lineup".

#130296 by the_scoon
Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:27 pm
The video for "For the Love of God" is so epicly cheesy! It's great haha. The song is joy too.

#158065 by Archetype
Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:09 am
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RuyNcosLOSg[/youtube]

Is that hair, or a tattoo on Dev's head?

Anyway, it's a pretty funny video. Have to remember it's a 'long' time ago.

#158071 by Josiah Tobin
Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:05 am
I think it's either a temporary tattoo of some kind or just body paint, seeing as when he was bald later on (City, Infinity), he didn't have anything like that.

Devin actually kinda reminds me of Halford in that video. :D