The early years discussion: IR8, Wildhearts, Steve Vai, Noisescapes, etc
#153371 by 21st Century Jesus
Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:24 pm
Just found an old 97 SYL interview in german Visions mag, and at the end Dev mentions a project by that name that he's been doin back then as it seems.

badly translated quote:
besides his interest in commercial (sic) rock music, which he outlives in f.ex. Ocean Machines, he's also discovered a favour for freaky sounds via contact to the avantgardistic noise scene, which he pursues with his project Hell: dark heaviness, only made of basses, and lots of noise...

might or might not be the very early predecessor to Hummer

#153414 by Biert
Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:48 am
The Hummer/Devlab crossover maybe? I don't think I've heard of this before.

#153701 by danceswithchickens
Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:32 am
Predecessor to The Hummer? How do you figure? The Hummer is described as "peaceful sounds to fall asleep to". Hell was described as "a wall of detuned basses". They don't sound too similar to me...

Anyway, I'm not sure if any of the material from that project ever got used elsewhere. It was supposed to make City sound like a bunch of "happy-go-lucky pop tunes", according to Dev.

#158431 by frequency-lsd
Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:55 am
this sounds like something i would like haha, but i doubt we will ever hear it

#158610 by Guitarzan
Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:51 pm
If I remember correctly, some of the Hell material actually ended up on the album SYL, in particular I think parts of Dire/Consequence were originally from "Hell."

#158624 by JayjayAbnormal
Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:30 pm
Guitarzan wrote:If I remember correctly, some of the Hell material actually ended up on the album SYL, in particular I think parts of Dire/Consequence were originally from "Hell."

Theres demo called Idom thats basically Dire/Consequence.....Unless that was actually a demo taken from 'Hell' :o

#159496 by frequency-lsd
Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:15 am
JayjayAbnormal wrote:Theres demo called Idom thats basically Dire/Consequence.....Unless that was actually a demo taken from 'Hell' :o

Do you have this demo? if you do could you please upload it?