The early years discussion: IR8, Wildhearts, Steve Vai, Noisescapes, etc

#162787 by JayjayAbnormal
Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am
He needs to hear Infinity or Terria then. Maybe even the 'lad.

#162797 by shiram
Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:15 am
yea a scathing review of the devster there, not mentioning his name either
im wondering though, is sex and religion worth the buy for a Devy fan thats not familliar with the Vai?

#162836 by djskrimp
Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:51 pm
shiram wrote:yea a scathing review of the devster there, not mentioning his name either
im wondering though, is sex and religion worth the buy for a Devy fan thats not familliar with the Vai?

Yes, "Still My Bleeding Heart" and "Dirty Black Hole" are quite good.

#162840 by Yanko
Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:28 pm
funny thing is that the guy knows absolutely NOTHING about Vai's history, saying that "the band limited Vai's skills and that's why the album is predictable and conventional". Ok, he could be ignorant and talk about the "lesser known" musicians, as Dev and TM Stevens, but holy fucking shit it's TERRY BOZZIO on drums :P

but whatever, people with bad musical taste and no functional neurons are as abundant as hydrogen :P

#163522 by XIII
Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:54 am
Yanko wrote:but whatever, people with bad musical taste and no functional neurons are as abundant as hydrogen :P

And for some reason they're always magazine reviewers. I'll never understand that.

Here's my review of that review:
Not everything is going to be Sgt. Pepper's fucking Lonely Hearts Club, get over it, it's not the 60's anymore, and stop comparing everything to the classics. Do your goddamn job!

All these reviewers are failed musicians with shitty garage bands that just get pissed when an up and comer like Dev exhibits more talent on a demo than they exhibit on a studio album. So they tell everyone it's awful and hope they derail the success. Fuck them.

/nerd rage