Archived

#82787 by Guest
Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:32 am
I have four cats living with me currently. In addition to Niko there's (in order of age):

Annabelle (named Sabrina for 1.5 years but responded to Annabelle the first night)
We weren't going to get a cat. My fiancee was a dog person and it was tricky enough sharing a studio apartment between two people four nights a week without juggling a litter box. Then a mouse moved in and any calls to the building super about dealing with it except "either pay for an exterinator or make us exempt from the no-pets policy" were ignored.

Gus (originally Leroy)
Annabelle worked out so well that we decided to pay "strictly social" visits to shelters. The first time we could squeeze one in, this kitten kept calling my fiancee back over to pet him. She resisted as two cats in a studio couldn't possibly work so he threw a piece of food at her back. Shortly afterwards, I found out it was possible to fit multiple bowls bearing both cat and kitten food as well as another litter box in a studio apartment.

Gwynnevere
This one had it rough early on. Some rather dense people never spayed their female, wound up with a litter, and declared everyone weened entirely too early. At the time, we were preparing to return Annabelle to the shelter because she had grown aggressive towards my fiancee and was urinating on everything in sight. We wound up not having to do that because she took in Gwynn as her own and adjusted her behavior fairly quickly. Of course, Gwynnevere decided I was mommy fairly early on and still tries nursing on my neck close to a year later.

#82813 by Tracy
Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:34 pm
holy poop they're cute!

Those two lines together are a little disturbing. :wink:

#82814 by Tracy
Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:35 pm
Greg, you have had more cats since I've known you than anyone in history, I swear.

#82818 by Tracy
Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:49 pm
I should post the cats too

Image Fizzy

Image Spooky

Image And another one, just coz they're cute

#82827 by EphelDuath666
Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:51 pm
those dogs look too cute!!! And Persian cats rule! I have one myself.

#82835 by Guest
Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:22 pm
What do you mean Tracy? Sure, I watch out for 11 but only live with four of them. And before that... we had Humphrey for 15.5 years. So it's an even dozen!

#82843 by fragility
Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:13 am
It is pretty much the law that anyone with 3 + cats is at least slightly crazy....we've got this stray which keeps looking in/coming in and eating our cats food, so I'm running dangerously close to it right now!

Oh! I love all these pictures of cute puppies and kittys...I'm soo addicted to rate my puppy/kitten
Last edited by fragility on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

#82852 by Reaper-Man-666
Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:46 am
Looks like you've got a very nice home for all those cute cats 'n' dogs Tracy. :)

#82868 by Seventhframe
Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:51 am
Mr. Hosehead Impson:

Shitty shot, I have way cooler ones I'll get them scanned and posted. He runs freely around the house, he has his place where he eats and craps. Cool little bugger. Heather is absolutely obsessed with bunnies so we had to get her one.... :shock:

#82871 by Guest
Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:14 am
Now if you count the extended family, THEN there are a lot of pets.
Rascal
Here's the self proclaimed badass of the lot. At 7 years old, he's so large that people into the breed assume he's still a puppy.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/srumel/Prince004.jpg
Prince
For some odd reason, my other-in-laws insist on giving kind of painful names to their cats. In addition to Prince, there's a 99% black short-hair named Hunny. (Which got really confusing when my niece was born as I tend to use "honey" above all other affectionate nicknames.)
Ortiz
Yes. Ortiz. Can you tell he came into a home in the suburbs of Boston during the post season last year? His sister, Amber is the same breed but has tan fur instead of grey.

And for those of you who think I dislike dogs, here's a pic of the guy we plan to name our first male after:
Notice the awesome pose he struck just for me. See also how I forgot to use the flash. I wonder if anyone got shots of him laughing at me just after that happened...
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

#82873 by Tracy
Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:26 am
fragility wrote:It is pretty much the law that anyone with 3 + cats is at least slightly crazy....we've got this stray which keeps looking in/coming in and eating our cats food, so I'm running dangerously close to it right now!

Oh! I love all these pictures of cute puppies and kittys...I'm soo addicted to rate my puppy/kitten

Pickles, Michi and Fizzy are all posted on Rate My Puppy/Kitten. And not faring as well as I would like :sad:

I can never vote any under an 8. They're all beautiful.

#82888 by Guest
Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:11 pm
I am kinda stingy on ratemykitten.com. There are a number of heat-meltingly cute kitties I can visit anytime. Plus, bad cat photography just irks me. If it's a site dedicated to showing cats off, the least a person can do is select a shot that's remotely flattering. Light isn't the enemy of fur. It should bring out the shine in a coat, not over-emphasize the shine so much the feline's naught but a ball of light. And those bloody pics where they obvciously wanted to catch some reall cute moment but missed it... partt of shooting dynamic, living subjects is taking multiple shots. And and and... oh what the hell. I'm ranting anyhow. Don't be a schmuck like our "professional" wedding photographer. He took one shot of each bridesmaid/groomsman pair entering the ceremony. So I had to make a special request that the album pics be done out of order as it was necessary to mix reception/ceremony entrance shots. And and and...

#82891 by geoff
Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:45 pm
You forgot to say that you raise cats to eat them Greg ...

#82904 by Guest
Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:37 am
Well Geoff that's because I always forget to tell really, really stupid lies.