Archived

#118178 by Tracy
Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:36 pm
Pisshead wrote:
Tracy wrote:Our Pickles is in the hospital gravely ill with pancreatitis and her liver is in danger of failing. She apparently ate something poisonous - God knows what seeing the only time she is ever out is on leash. :sad:

Have got to say, without any asskissing intended...that is THE cutest dog i've ever seen!!! I love the eyes :D

Yes, she is Devy's little girl. You will notice she is wearing the same hat as Dev in the Synchestra pics.

She is still so sick, I really wonder if she is going to make it.

#118180 by fragility
Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 pm
Aw :( that's sucks...I hope she's ok!

#118209 by hog
Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:47 am
Image[/quote]

I just noticed that she has a Ying-yang face! No wonder Dev loves her.

Seriously though, that is one cute dog, hope she gets better.

#118368 by Love of Socks
Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:57 pm
Tracy wrote:She apparently ate something poisonous - God knows what seeing the only time she is ever out is on leash. :sad:

Being a pet-parent is scary sometimes. Kids at least learn from mistakes even before they can get the whole "some things can kill you" concept. The dog's seven and still demands tomato based products despite never-failing gastro-intestinal complications. My cat's indoor only so I figured he'd be fine so long as I kept the cabinets shut tight but it turns out the diet that helped his predecessor live a long, full, life included roughage and nutrients gained outside. "Luckily," the lack of those landed us in an animal emergency room where I read the article linking lilies to renal failure before my first Easter as a married man came around.
I sincerely hope you have the same sort of luck we did and Pickles recovers completely.

#118405 by BlueRaja
Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:00 am
Aww Tracy (and Dev). I hope she's OK and will pull through. :sad:

#118430 by EphelDuath666
Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:53 pm
awww....best wishes for Pickles!!!!! It sucks when stuff like that happens!

#118503 by funny_little_guy
Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:17 am
That dog is too cute to die, it's just that simple.... I do hope Pickles makes it. I'll become religious and pray if it'll help.

#118508 by Reaper-Man-666
Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:28 am
Wishing the best for Pickles!

#118515 by Biert
Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:01 am
Get well Pickles!!
#167415 by myra
Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 am
I hope your dog gets better! She's adorable.

Here's my little doggie:

Here are my kitties:
#168253 by kharkov
Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:35 am
Did pickles get better?

Paulxxx
#168352 by sarai-chan
Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 am
I was just wondering the same, how's Pickles? :(

To cheer up our minds, here's my doggies! :D

Dino, almoust ONE year old now!

Mushu, 6 years old.

Both mixed but cute! :D

Re:

#169811 by Bad Devils' Advocate
Sat May 17, 2008 3:39 pm
Tracy wrote:They are Shih Tzus. Michi (more often called Miss Pooches - Or Devin calls her Piss Mooches) is on the right and the one on the left is Pickles.

Michi is a full-bred-never-known-anything-but-pampered dog and Pickles was a rescue from a puppy mill where she was abused and nearly starved. :sad: Inbreeding made her a little funky looking as far as the breed goes but she's damn cute on her own.

Note to everyone: don't buy dogs from puppy mills (this usually means pet stores). because they are most often abused, held in terrible conditions and forced to mate repeatedly with little nutrition or medical care.

Hi Tracy :|
I Kind of know what you went through with Pickles. We rescued our dog Tilli(a shih tzu/poodle cross ) from the Pound where the police brought her after the grow-op bust.While she was in the grow-op they fed her nothing but table scraps; she didn't know what dog food was let alone how to eat it.We tried every brand of dog food on the market and the only one she would eat was Gains Burger dog food that we had to pretend to eat first then try to feed it to her. After she saw us eat it then she would eat it. It took us a year to get her to eat out of a bowl like a regular dog. But regular she aint. She has a allergy to wheat and rice which is 90% of all dog food.When she wants a biscut she scratches my leg relentlessly until I fold faster then Superman on laundry day. At night she sleeps with us (my husband Deth Warmdover) usually me in the fetal position and her at the head of the bed. here's a picture of our daughter that mostly resembles my husband, as he puts it. :guitar:
My prayers are with you and Pickles :cry:
Last edited by Bad Devils' Advocate on Sat May 17, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#169812 by Migstopheles
Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Ill dogs are no fun at all, :sad:

Here's one of my parents' alsatians, Max:

Re:

#169814 by Bad Devils' Advocate
Sat May 17, 2008 6:27 pm
Tracy wrote:Our Pickles is in the hospital gravely ill with pancreatitis and her liver is in danger of failing. She apparently ate something poisonous - God knows what seeing the only time she is ever out is on leash. :sad:

My prayers are with you and Pickles :cry: :sad: