Archived

#86255 by Falk
Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:32 pm
Yup', my whole feeling about this is that we're to much humans on this planet and profit make "us" (not that I considere myself part of it, but I don't really think I do anything against neither...) globalise everything for the sake of profit, and we forget everything about the individual, well I mean the individual condition, from animals to human. "We" should support our local producers, whether it is vegetables, fruits or animals, but no, I've heard that what we eat travels on an average 1500 kms before it finishes in our plate. That's plain stupid. In France we throw away fruits, cuz' some cheaper ones come from spain or somewhere else (cuz' the spanish farmers are a cheaper labour, while there's a shitload of financial help for french farmers cuz' their situation is not great...). About,mmh... let's say 3000kms (twice the distance), people are dying of starvation.
One day we'll have to remember and it'll give us serious headaches, lethal headaches...

About being vegetarian, mmh, I don't eat that much meat, but sometimes it's really good anyway :P Mmh I've just found several vegetarian chili recipe, let me try this and I may reconsidere being vegetarian :lol:

We're just doing everything wrong, when the temperature goes higher, we install the air conditionning... It uses more energy and polutes more ? WHich means the temperature will be even more high ? We'll tuen the air conditionning higher...
"In the past" (not that it's so long ago), we just closed every shutter and the house kept cool...