Archived

#84405 by Chris
Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:02 am
Coma Divine wrote:Alright already! There's a lady present. :roll:

I saw a photo of yours, ok? So please stop calling yourself a lady :wink:

#84412 by TimCo
Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:34 am
It's nice to hear that there are other metal vegetarians.. I thought that I was some kind of deviant! My wife and I are both vegan, and aren't really interested in the activism side of things. You can't force things down people's throats. If they ask my reasons why I went veg, I tell them. I'm not out to convert them, though. I have better things to do... like made yummy food and listen to great music! :)

I think we need a veg recipe thread!
#84415 by Christophe_F
Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:11 am
hell yes man! there are other metal vegs, although I, for instance, am not that metal any more, you know... veg recipe, of course good idea.

if any admin should read this, my account with a login christophe has been deactivated and i had some turmoil go around it, so I created this one, but I am the same dude. can we have that account removed? there is no reason for it to be up and running, is there?

#84466 by TimCo
Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:29 am
At the very least, here are 3 veg cookbooks that I use most often:

Horizons Cafe Cookbook by Rich Landau and Kate Jacoby. My favorite restaurant in the entire world released a cookbook. I gasped, I swooned, I cooked, and I swooned again. If you're ever near Philadephia, PA, it's worth the trip. Check out the menu at http://www.horizonscafe.com/menu.htm

How It All Vegan by Sarak Kramer and Tanya Barnard (Punk rawk girls cook vegan! Yummy stuff!!)

and

The Compassionate Cook by Ingrid Newkirk (Lots of basic recipes in here, kind of a standards or starter cookbook)

#84473 by Guest
Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:09 pm
My friend Kevin is insanely Metal and a veggie.

#84477 by TimCo
Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
I should have known there were others. We were passing through Richmond, VA on the way back from vacation and stopped at a veg chinese place called Panda Veg. When we walked in, the new James Labrie album was playing. I was just as surprised as you! :lol:

#84483 by Lolliklauer
Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:11 pm
So, on the big scheme of things, we suck at changing the world. But, I tell you, when you look out at an audience when the band is playing and they are all happy and cheering, it really does make you think that maybe you are changing things in a small way. When you can make a few hundred or thousand people forget their troubles for even a few minutes, that's pretty cool. That's my biggest reward.

My opinion to this is that nobody has to change the world but has to look, what he or her can do for the people that are in "range" for him or her. For example some people forget her own family while trying to save the rainforest. An artist like Devin has of course quite a lot people in his "range", who are listening to the music and watch the shows.

It's hard for me to express in english language what i really wanted to say, but what you said about forgetting the troubles while listening to that music is absolutely true. For me is listening to Devins music (and SYL of course) like being reminded that there is beauty and "good" in the world, which i forget sometimes. Everytime i listen to that i think "yeah, life must be good, it´s not useless, maybe it makes sense at all".

How happy i was as i met Devin in Essen, Germany, you can maybe see here:

I forgot all my sorrows and troubles for days... :-)

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the christmas card and smilies and everything! :D

#84505 by Atari
Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:22 pm
aces.

#84523 by Hellhammer
Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:38 pm
I've seen that pic before Lolliklauer, and I don't say this is in the mean sense, but your expression in that picture makes me laugh everytime. It's really good.

#84524 by Atari
Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:57 pm
it's the red eyes.

#84545 by Lolliklauer
Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:15 pm
Hehe, yes, i know i look funny on that picture, because in that moment i really didn´t care how i looked and was so happy that i didn´t try to control my face-muscles ;-).

#84772 by Guest
Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 am
Tracy wrote:So, on the big scheme of things, we suck at changing the world. But, I tell you, when you look out at an audience when the band is playing and they are all happy and cheering, it really does make you think that maybe you are changing things in a small way.

If it's any consolation... your encouragement of my extreme level of Humphrey appreciation when most people were sort of snarky about it helped get me to the point where I've taken in 5 shelter kitties, helped find homes for 3 strays, volunteered at an animal shelter, and donated literal bushels of catnip to area shelters.

#86061 by Snaga
Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:39 pm
hmmm well if metalheads had their own village, half the population would be either a berseker warrior, a sorcerer, or a mad scientist... There would also be a lot of RPG playing and political and social issues would be settled thru guitar solo showdowns (at the top of a castle on a full-moon night of course). There would not be many women tho and the majority of the population would be undersexed. The diet would consist of goat's blood and fire.

Seriously tho, i think it's silly to say one genre of music is less socially conscious than another... let's not go into pop for example.. or techno, hahaha techno is very political (narf).

props to u vegetarians out there, but where i come from vegitarianism is an obscure concept at best, a mental illness at worst (Old World)... it's contextual frankly, depending on wut kind of farming the animals go thru, in my opinion at least. Feeding cows the remains of other cows is obscene and wrong for example, but i see no great evil in a shepherd or farmer living off his livestock