Archived

#85133 by King Fear
Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:33 am
funny_little_guy wrote:
I Think he speaks of that one :

I do I do I do speak of that one. I saw someone pay like $250 AUD for one once. But it is a real collectors piece so its not that surprising.

???
If I understand the above post correctly, it contains ZERO exclusive material. I can see the point with the instructional guitar video, "Idom", and the City demos (oh boy how I see the point there), but with this...?

#85154 by Greg Reason
Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:37 am
I didn't even know that thing existed.... Damn, another thing I'm gonna have to shell out for :lol:

#85268 by black_tooth_grin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:12 am
kikithehead wrote:
King Fear wrote:What "French sampler CD"?

I Think he speaks of that one :

The tracklisting is :
Truth
Kingdom
Life
Red tomorrow
Christeen

Oh my God...i want that CD :?:

#85295 by Atari
Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:43 am
nah......Terria Korean edition.

XD~~~~~~

#85509 by Chops 666
Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:32 am
Tracy wrote:I'm not really that into official fan clubs. Contests and stuff are not that different from what we already do with the members of the mailing list. There's little information I can provide "exclusively" that wouldn't be available worldwide in an hour on-line. And we will never again release exclusive or limited edition recordings. All that ends up happening is the people who did get it (Official Bootleg as the prime example) then turn around and sell it for $100 on Ebay. We don't really want to sell that CD anymore but we had no choice but to bring it back.

In this information/auction age, with a Fan Club all you end up doing is a lot of work that will be 1. known by everyone in a few days anyway 2. exclusive products will be flipped and sold to people who weren't lucky enough to get them the first time around.

I could see the point 15 years ago but not any more.

Pearl Jam's fanclub is $20 (25 intl) a year and gives you 2 well designed newsletters by amesbros(or other rock poster artists), a 7" with unreleased material and first dibbs on concert tickets. They have been doing it for the entire time pj has been recording. The 7" singles started in 92 and still continue to this day.
They are always late with everything and slow to contact but they always get the job done and it is always quality.
Fanclubs can be a fantastic thing. It just depends on the dedication of the people who run them.

#85610 by chrisslight
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:15 am
Well, I see the point, plus it would cost a bit for you I should imagine to. Thanks for the answer :).

#85617 by Chris
Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:38 am
Chops 666 wrote:Pearl Jam's fanclub is $20 (25 intl) a year and gives you 2 well designed newsletters by amesbros(or other rock poster artists), a 7" with unreleased material and first dibbs on concert tickets. They have been doing it for the entire time pj has been recording. The 7" singles started in 92 and still continue to this day.
They are always late with everything and slow to contact but they always get the job done and it is always quality.
Fanclubs can be a fantastic thing. It just depends on the dedication of the people who run them.

Hm... 7" singles, well designed newsletters... That sounds really, really good...

With the exception that you're talking about Pearl Jam :roll:

#85651 by WickedBuddhi
Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:59 am
The only fan club i've been in was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0869/

The Christmas Cards they send are great, I sorta think of those as a fan club item. The Newsletter you get with each order. I mean you buy stuff from the Official website you get other great stuff in return. Thats plenty for me.

#85658 by UncleTonyP
Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:14 pm
i just ordered 6 discs from the store, and the interview/newsletter thing was more than enough for me.

This official bootleg is great, especially since Detroit isnt a place that will see Devin Townsend on a regular basis.

#85809 by Chops 666
Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:50 am
Chris wrote:
Chops 666 wrote:Pearl Jam's fanclub is $20 (25 intl) a year and gives you 2 well designed newsletters by amesbros(or other rock poster artists), a 7" with unreleased material and first dibbs on concert tickets. They have been doing it for the entire time pj has been recording. The 7" singles started in 92 and still continue to this day.

Hm... 7" singles, well designed newsletters... That sounds really, really good...

With the exception that you're talking about Pearl Jam :roll:

Yeah, having variety is dumb :roll:

#85810 by Chris
Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:14 am
Chops 666 wrote:Yeah, having variety is dumb :roll:

Sorry, but I don't see the connection - by my post, I expressed that I'm not into one certain group: Pearl Jam. How come you speak of "variety"?

#86132 by Guest
Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:38 am
Okay this isn't official or anything but a bunch of us are meeting in the men's room on the 195 rest stop outside seekonk at 1 am on the 26th and...

#86279 by WickedBuddhi
Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:53 am
Hmmmm....

#86280 by Chris
Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:12 am
Greg wrote:Okay this isn't official or anything but a bunch of us are meeting in the men's room on the 195 rest stop outside seekonk at 1 am on the 26th and...

Looking forward to your review. And don't forget the pics.

#86310 by Guest
Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:45 pm
I opted to go to the Boston Gigantour stop instead. Sorry.