Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:01 pm
It's not so much the music as it is the cartoonishly bad vocals. :lol:

#160668 by Mr Clean
Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:14 pm
NoisyPinkBubble wrote:
Mr Clean wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
kyl88 wrote:
AlucardXIX wrote:Not even faith...can Devin do wrong with music?

No.

IR8. :lol:

let's just blame it on Jason... :lol:

Doubtful. The only riff I've ever heard from Newsted that wasn't lost in the mix was My Friend of Misery and that was pretty kickin'.

Pretty sure all his bass riffs are epic.

Pretty sure.

I love Jason more than you would know (I'm a big Metallica fan) but given what we have seen him do after leaving Tallica... I would say that he needs some orientation...

BUT... in this particular case... I would say the vocals screw any chance of being anything more than a friends meeting... :?

#160702 by Guitarzan
Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:16 pm
I love Jason as a musician. I dig his style. The only things he's done that I don't really dig are IR8 and Echobrain. He has songwriting creds on Blackened, My Friend of Misery, and Where the Wild Things Are, which is pretty awesome. And I liked his work in Voivod too.

#160758 by Maggai
Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:57 pm
Yeah Jason should get his own band together damnit.

New Devin without 5150 or anything no full on distortion, this will be most interesting! Wasn't there talk of an 8 string? Doesn't sound like that would fit into this project, but would be cool to hear what The Dev would do with it!

So the complex metal symphony and this clean Fender sound analog project is two different things, or?

#161006 by Eyesore
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:32 pm
I wish Jason would release the Blastula & The Satanitones, The Mighty Young Impalors, and Tree Of The Sun material. The latter two sound outstanding from the clips.

#161043 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:13 am
Mr Clean wrote:
NoisyPinkBubble wrote:
Mr Clean wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
kyl88 wrote:
AlucardXIX wrote:Not even faith...can Devin do wrong with music?

No.

IR8. :lol:

let's just blame it on Jason... :lol:

Doubtful. The only riff I've ever heard from Newsted that wasn't lost in the mix was My Friend of Misery and that was pretty kickin'.

Pretty sure all his bass riffs are epic.

Pretty sure.

I love Jason more than you would know (I'm a big Metallica fan) but given what we have seen him do after leaving Tallica... I would say that he needs some orientation...

Pardon? Jason recorded two very solid albums with one of metal's most innovative bands: VOIVOD. That's totally fine with me, and one more album to come.

#161086 by NFF
Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:21 pm
wow cant wait for devs new project to come out.
and the rig sounds like its gona sound awesome... but im still wondering when devs gona use the messa's again?

i personally don't know what his strat looks like so dose it have a floyd? or just the classic fender dive bomb bridge?

oh and btw hows the munchkin doin?

lol *i imagined dev doing the "boogie woogie" thing from that one vid on youtube*

keep it metal dev

#162372 by Mrpeumo
Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:57 am
WOw!!!

A few time out of here and now we have a new album soon!!!

Great!

Thanks Devin for your music, It keeps me Full!

#162823 by Roar
Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:22 pm
So..Do we get a big fat Christmas update and maybe even some samples?

#162831 by Purple Tentacle
Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:44 pm
That would be the greatest Christmas present ever! I guess I like Devin too much... :(

#162843 by Yanko
Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:38 pm
although it might not seem so sometimes, i guess Devin also celebrates the end of the year festivities, so chill about previews people :D

(this is me lying to myself, i also want some :oops: )

and in a totally offtopic note to Mr. Clean: Vicarious' clip has leaked :D

#162889 by metal-mike
Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:26 pm
a new devin cd for 2008 8) 8)

#163375 by Eyesore
Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:34 pm
Has Devin seen the clip of that dude covering "Solar Winds?" I hope so. I really want him to put out that acoustic album some day, and I think that clip is indication of how cool it could really be.

#164780 by Lawrence
Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 am
Any updates on the new album?