Archived

#164788 by Biert
Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:07 am
Lawrence wrote:Any updates on the new album?

Aye

#164797 by Leechmaster
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:12 pm
Eyesore wrote:Has Devin seen the clip of that dude covering "Solar Winds?" I hope so. I really want him to put out that acoustic album some day, and I think that clip is indication of how cool it could really be.

Just in relation to this, I was just browsing the fan section of HDR and found this cover of Storm by the same guy who did Solar Winds. I recognized the MySpace account..

http://www.hevydevy.com/fan/covers/songs/storm.mp3

Quite quite good, methinks..

#165239 by Yanko
Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:37 am
Biert wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Any updates on the new album?

Aye

nathan_lol offered money for his hair. It's in times like these that i truly understand why the Townsends are kind of freaked by the whole fame thing :shock:
#166161 by FUBAR
Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:32 am
Any more updates Dev? :)

Re:

#166414 by powercozmic
Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:56 pm
Noodles wrote:
Biert wrote:
hog wrote:Please please please Devin, have RVP on drums. :D

Now that, I second ;)

me3

or ...2 drummers!

RVP in one speaker and mr Hoglan in the other

:twisted:

That would kick major ass !!

Although I'd love to see Dev's solo stuff more than collabs, if a collab existed I'd love to see a Devin and Between the buried and me collab or another Devin and Vai Collab.

And yeah. Can't wait for a release date or song list from the new effort !
#166552 by Eyesore
Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:57 pm
FUBAR wrote:Any more updates Dev? :)

Somewhere recently here he mentioned that there would be new music in 2008.
#166705 by Kivenkantaja
Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:01 pm
The Electric Toad wrote:So, Devin is not currently working on the orchestral album, but is now working on something totally different?
Take the strings off of any orchestal album and what are you left with?
#166722 by Purple Tentacle
Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:47 pm
Kivenkantaja wrote:
The Electric Toad wrote:So, Devin is not currently working on the orchestral album, but is now working on something totally different?

A pretty incomplete sounding orchestral album.
#166878 by Eyesore
Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:21 pm
Having been a fan for over a decade now, I've learned to never listen to a word Devin says, and just wait. Haha. Who knows what he's putting out next. Could be a polka album—wouldn't shock me.
#166896 by sj_2150
Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 am
i wanna hear devy try out some big band style stuff. it would sound psychotic, hell i would do that myself if i had the talent that d-train (dev... i just came up with that now) has
#167685 by TallNerdGuy
Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:34 pm
So...since it has been a LONG time since us fans have gotten a progress update from the Dev or Tracy on the new album...any more news on how the metal is coming along?
#168154 by day old male
Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:55 am
sj_2150 wrote:i wanna hear devy try out some big band style stuff. it would sound psychotic, hell i would do that myself if i had the talent that d-train (dev... i just came up with that now) has

LOL. D-Train. That's awesome. Being a Melbournian, I get the reference. I wonder if that little colloquialism (used for people of a huge stature)made it outside this country?
#173951 by into the voigtex
Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:56 pm
Kivenkantaja wrote:

Clarinets and Tympani?

I give up.
#173965 by Deathcom7000
Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:44 am
TallNerdGuy wrote:So...since it has been a LONG time since us fans have gotten a progress update from the Dev or Tracy on the new album...any more news on how the metal is coming along?

I'd say the Dev does a pretty good job at keeping us updated. I recently hadn't been on here in awhile, and when I decided to give it a look, I found 4 updates by Devin.