Archived
#151727 by armheadmcgee
Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:27 am
Now that Ziltoid's done, what's next for Devin?

Is he going back on his so called "break?"

#151741 by RastaPappi
Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:26 pm
thats a really weird question to ask right now
let devin have his brake!

#151747 by Chris
Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:41 pm
Actually, I guess Devin is still on his break.

A break from lots of things that were very exhausting for him during all those years as a musician.

A break that still let enough room for finishing The Hummer and for creating Ziltoid.

A break he deserves.

Certainly not a break from his immense creativity :D

#151748 by Leechmaster
Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:10 pm
This is probably a good place to ask this: Is the whole Cuntry Brüster thing maybe something Dev's considering for the near future? As soon as I heard Travelling Salesman that conclusion just jumped into my head, and I'd quite like to have it proved right or told to fuck right off... Cheers for whatever insight you can provide on this!

#151781 by Variant
Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:03 pm
Leechmaster wrote:This is probably a good place to ask this: Is the whole Cuntry Brüster thing maybe something Dev's considering for the near future? As soon as I heard Travelling Salesman that conclusion just jumped into my head, and I'd quite like to have it proved right or told to fuck right off... Cheers for whatever insight you can provide on this!

I'll do it for him: "Fuck right off... we don't need a Devy country album". :D Besides, Ween already did this.

#151788 by The Dev
Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:51 pm
yo...

A hugely complicated, dynamic metal 'symphony' thing...mainly instrumental...(except for the choir vox type shit) 72 minutes

I've already started it, and it's far over the top...the most complex thing to date.

tentative title: 2. (Zilly was 1)...whatever it's called, it's going to have a '2' in the upper right hand corner.

Maybe by Dec?

Seriously...FAR over the top...TONS of guitar...TONS of solos...TONS of layers, some Devlab / Hummer bits, some beauty, some hell...no breaks between songs...some super clean quiet bits...

No Ziltoid wackiness... I see it as a real DIY honest, adult thing. I want to write symphonies, but I'm a metal head, so here we go. I find it really natural.

Making music without touring IS a break as far as I'm concerned...

d

#151789 by Persuader
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:03 am
...and the countdown begins again! :D
Real drums this time, or are you sticking with DFH?

#151790 by The Dev
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:14 am
Both.

#151791 by The Dev
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:15 am
Then again, it might just end up totally different.

Who knows?

I'm inspired either way.

Take care.

#151794 by djskrimp
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:31 am
The Dev wrote:yo...

A hugely complicated, dynamic metal 'symphony' thing...mainly instrumental...(except for the choir vox type shit) 72 minutes

I've already started it, and it's far over the top...the most complex thing to date.

tentative title: 2. (Zilly was 1)...whatever it's called, it's going to have a '2' in the upper right hand corner.

Maybe by Dec?

Seriously...FAR over the top...TONS of guitar...TONS of solos...TONS of layers, some Devlab / Hummer bits, some beauty, some hell...no breaks between songs...some super clean quiet bits...

No Ziltoid wackiness... I see it as a real DIY honest, adult thing. I want to write symphonies, but I'm a metal head, so here we go. I find it really natural.

d

The Dev wrote:Both.

The Dev wrote:Then again, it might just end up totally different.

Who knows?

I'm inspired either way.

Take care.

YAY!!!

#151796 by Biert
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:40 am
"Zilly", that's cute :D

Thanks Dev, you're spoiling us ;)

#151798 by BrunoN
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:55 am
Break my ass. Woo, MOAR MUSIC!

#151799 by ASHORIZZOR
Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:28 am
The Dev wrote:yo...

Maybe by Dec?

d

:shock: :D Great Devin!

#151802 by Dr.Mosh
Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:52 am
Sounds great Dev.
Thanks for coming here and sharing your plans with us, it's immensly appreciated