Archived
#153602 by IronMaiden736
Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 am
I was wondering if Devin listens to the band Jesu and what his opinion is on them. I think there are amazing and are up there with Devin for make top-notch atmospheric songs.

#153606 by FUBAR
Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:57 am
Well he's a fan of Godflesh to the point of nicking one of their riffs ;) Im sure he'd dig Jesu.

#153641 by the-fluke
Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:08 pm
FUBAR wrote:Well he's a fan of Godflesh to the point of nicking one of their riffs ;) Im sure he'd dig Jesu.

I've never heard Godflesh, which riff? And what Godflesh would you recommend?

#153673 by :)
Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:52 pm
The riff he is talking about is from Godflesh - I Wasn't Born to Follow, which is featured in SYL - All Hail the New Flesh.

I would assume Dev has heard Jesu, in one of the recent interviews someone (Biert, I believe) posted here involved a question to Devin about his music going to another level "You've got Godflesh then you've got Jesu, so with your music you've got SYL, and then another level" in reference to his future work.

There is a pic somewhere of Devin with Justin Broadrick of Godflesh/Jesu.

For Godflesh, I would recommend Pure, Selfless, Streetcleaner and Hymns.

Or I could just fuck off.

#153681 by Biert
Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:30 am
Hah and this pops up right after Sab left :lol:

#153691 by Archetype
Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:45 am
I seem to be the only guy on the forum who has never listened to either Jesu or Godflesh.
I'll sit in a corner and be ashamed...

#153698 by FUBAR
Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:59 am
I've heard Jesu are really good but I don't no where to start. Any Reccomendations?

#153707 by damnuandurdog
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:18 am
I like all of Jesu's work but I've been listening to a lot of his Heart Ache recently. His newer work has gotten catchier and somewhat more uplifting as opposed to his earlier crushingly depressing Jesu work. This is not a bad thing though. The Silver EP and Conqueror are both great records as are Jesu and the Heart Ache Ep but both of those are very uncomfortable, paranoid and frightened works.

Edit:
I want this picture of Devin and Broadrick

#153711 by the_scoon
Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:47 am
Listened to Conqueror...wow...I dunno what it is about that song, but it's really trully depressing. Nearly never makes me want to listen to it again it's that profound. It's an amazing thing, music being able to instill such strong feelings that you couldn't really express in any other way.

#153733 by Mojo
Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:33 am
Godflesh supported Dev on his UK Terria tour.....

#153760 by :)
Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Mojo wrote:Godflesh supported Dev on his UK Terria tour.....

A read a review somewhere on a show where Devin, Godflesh and Fear Factory were on tour together, the crowd didn't respond well to Godflesh and the first thing Dev did when he came on stage was slate the audience for not appreciating how awesome they are.

#153832 by toad
Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:57 pm
I'm currently hearing Jesu for the first time, on myspace.
Sounds great, like a fusion of Devin and The Cure's Disintegrate.
Think I'll have to go buy a CD as soon as I can afford..

#155080 by sj_2150
Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:23 am
Justin Broadrick is god...

also check out Final. thats his VERY atmospheric project. much like The Hummer but more eventful

#155121 by toad
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:07 am
Ok, I got Conqueror and Silver EP last week and they've been playing over and over ever since. Really atmospheric and beautiful... Conqueror sounds just like Devin producing The Cure's Disintegration.
Think I'll have to check out Final as well.
:zen: