Archived
#157091 by Deathcom7000
Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:22 pm
Hey Tracy. As a student filmmaker, I was just curious as to what Devin would think about having his music in someone's movie. If a directer approached him and asked if he could use his music, would Devin want to know the scene, or the movie, or would he not care, or what? I just wondered because Devin's music is really visual, and I thought it would fit in well with movies. Thank you

#157092 by djskrimp
Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:56 pm
I'm not Tracy, but I sure would like to comment.

That is one hell of a cool idea. Dev's music seems as though it would really fit well in a movie...it evokes so much emotion, I would imagine it would be great for setting up scenes.

#157094 by sj_2150
Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:01 pm
i used bastard for the credits of my year 12 short movie. oh! and i also used the scream at the end of things beyond things in it too :D the credits only went for 30 seconds though :(

#157121 by Tracy
Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:22 am
He would love to do movie soundtracks one day. An SYL song was in a movie last year though I can't remember which one. He wouldn't object to a song being used though would prefer some input as to the circumstances. That is not always possible as usually it's all negotiated through publising companies and not the artist. The only thing you can do is say in the publishing contract "no toilet paper ads" or whatever, otherwise it is their discretion.

#157122 by FUBAR
Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:46 am
Tracy wrote:He would love to do movie soundtracks one day. An SYL song was in a movie last year though I can't remember which one. He wouldn't object to a song being used though would prefer some input as to the circumstances. That is not always possible as usually it's all negotiated through publising companies and not the artist. The only thing you can do is say in the publishing contract "no toilet paper ads" or whatever, otherwise it is their discretion.

Wasn't that 'Love'. I think it was used in 'The Cave' or some other lame movie.

#157128 by Atari
Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:02 pm
I thought it was "The Cave" too.

Scarier than Alien? who are you trying to kid?

#157138 by JuZ
Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:16 pm
Tracy wrote:He would love to do movie soundtracks one day. An SYL song was in a movie last year though I can't remember which one. He wouldn't object to a song being used though would prefer some input as to the circumstances. That is not always possible as usually it's all negotiated through publising companies and not the artist. The only thing you can do is say in the publishing contract "no toilet paper ads" or whatever, otherwise it is their discretion.

Just trying to imagine that toilet paper ad now...

:?

:shock:

I need to go now.

#157140 by djskrimp
Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:22 pm
Coma Divine wrote:They'd have to use "Shitstorm", wouldn't they?

I'd watch that.

*buggers off*

Image now in my head: The Dev scream voice-over of a guy straining on the toilet.

"Giving the bowl a go? Doesn't have to be a painful shitstorm with the new toilet paper, Soft Ass."

#157142 by armheadmcgee
Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:51 pm
Shitstorm would be great for a toilet paper ad.

Really just Dev, standing over the toilet, screaming "I CAN'T EVEN FUCKIN PISS!"

#157148 by funny_little_guy
Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:41 pm
Haha... ew

#157150 by Deathcom7000
Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:15 pm
armheadmcgee wrote:Shitstorm would be great for a toilet paper ad.

Really just Dev, standing over the toilet, screaming "I CAN'T EVEN FUCKIN PISS!"

hahahahaha.

#157199 by Blazingmonga
Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:24 am
Atari wrote:I thought it was "The Cave" too.

Scarier than Alien? who are you trying to kid?

Love? was on the soundtrack album to that film, though wasn't in the film at any point. I know this because I rented this (terrible) film on the off chance that there might be an SYL song played during the film. Hey, and you thought I was normal.

Not that it would have saved it though.

#157201 by Atari
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:45 am
Deathcom7000 wrote:
armheadmcgee wrote:Shitstorm would be great for a toilet paper ad.

hahahahaha.

I'm so tempted....

#157279 by Biert
Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:56 am
Devour was also on the soundtrack of some movie. Texas Chainsaw Massacre or something.