Archived

#161659 by Falk
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:50 am
I think Dev' once mentioned the Mad Capsule Markets (if you consider them metal) in a list of bands he likes, but it was a long long time ago in the first days of the messageboard so my memory's not clear on this^^

#161746 by NFF
Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:37 pm
yea i have some of their stuff not reely metal but not bad

#163539 by junkmonkey
Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:16 pm
azuritereaction wrote:Maximum the Hormone is absolutely awesome.

yes they are :) not sure if they're really metal or not,sound more a bit like hardcore with some funk :P either way they are very fun to listen to!got 3 of their albums!really cool stuff

#163548 by Retribution
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:53 am
My alltime favorite Japanese band is Sabbat, who play black/thrash metal. They've been around since 1983. They're really good in their genre but never got a chance to become bigger due to labels over here being wimps. They didn't dare to release their music for a long time since the band wasn't European. They thought that people wouldn't buy it because of that. Anyway, not all lyrics are in Japanese but I still wanted to mention them.

PS This is their site : http://welcome.to/sabbat
Have a good look at the singer's leather sumo attire :P Or their "quite long" discography".

#163615 by gazza
Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:05 pm
hallelujah wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:2 best jap metal bands IMO: Boris and Ryokuchi

Ryokuchi and from melbourne?
Is it possible we have another Firewitch fan in here?

Make that 3 for Firewitch. I am more into Whitehorse and Grey Daturas though...

#163621 by Luna_ad_Noctum
Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:13 pm
I totally forgot about Sabbat. They're great.
---

#163636 by NFF
Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:04 am
boris and maximum the hormone are pretty good MTH is heavy with the vocals *for the songs i heard of both bands* and has a SOAD sound to it. *weird jearky soad lyrical sounds* boris *from what i heard* is more 70-80ish rock n roll.