Archived
#162505 by NFF
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:56 pm
hey Tracy if possible could you ask dev what is the longest he has ever been able to hold a scream? apparently the record for longest scream in a song is 32 seconds by the singer in Nitro? stupid question i know but just curious.

#162508 by NoisyPinkBubble
Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:17 am
Of course every fanboy thinks he can hold a note for an infinite amount of time, just because he is Devin Townsend...

My friends are ricoculous.

#162548 by filthmammoth
Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:01 pm
NoisyPinkBubble wrote:Of course every fanboy thinks he can hold a note for an infinite amount of time, just because he is Devin Townsend...

My friends are ricoculous.

You mean every fanboy knows he can hold a note for an infinite amount of time!

#162605 by ringo_shells
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:32 am
devin townsend doesn't actually scream...the notes play themselves out of fear of what devin might do to them if they do not do his bidding.

#162617 by Tyroshai
Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:22 am
ringo_shells wrote:devin townsend doesn't actually scream...the notes play themselves out of fear of what devin might do to them if they do not do his bidding.

Strangely...That would actually make a lot of sense!

#164375 by NFF
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:18 pm
lol dev is the chuck norris of music

#164380 by Janny
Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:32 pm
Who cares how long he can hold it. Some people hold notes for 20-30 seconds and sound like pussies and out of breath in the end. When Dev screams for one second or ten, the way he does it completely obliterates what most singers can do with a note.

#164424 by Retribution
Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:44 am
I'm not sure now. But I think that a US band called Usurper had some serious scream over 40 seconds. If I recall right it was at the end of a song. I was test listening to the cd at the store and all of a sudden people around stared at me. Then I took of the headphones and discovered that others in the store could hear it very well since there happened to be no music playing at that particular moment :P

#164445 by NFF
Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:06 pm
ah nathan dont say that here go to the Petrucci fourm n say it this is the dev fourm. lol ok let me restate my statement "dev is the chuck norris of devy metal" there no way you can debate that

janny ah yes but if dev could deliver such inhuman screams at such inhuman lengths then wouldent that just be even better?

retri never heard of them must check this song do you remember what track/album?

#164452 by Retribution
Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:35 pm
Nope sorry. I have no idea. It was a couple of years ago and I only scanned quickly through the album.