Archived
#191474 by mushroom
Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:26 pm
Hi i don't know if you keep answering questions Tracy ('cause of the baby) and everybody who read this understand how difficult is made this "topic" for me ' cause i could receive many answers as "shut up asshole" or something like that, i don't know, it may sounds crazy, but it happened to me in other bands forums...
Anyway, the only decent metal magazine that i can get in my country ("Metal Hammer") made an interview with the Dev, when Ziltoid was released (..yeah, long time ago) and there he said that after Ziltoid, he will make a kind of world tour for a further album (at this point, i guess he reffered to some of the DTP albums) and that he will like to come to South America.
Well, my question in fact is.. is that true? he got plans to come to South America?
Im hopeless about that (is really expensive to do a tour like that, i know), but i just wanted to ask
Hails Tracy!
#191586 by Biert
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:56 am
Haven't seen Tracy around in a while, so I'll try to answer your question, based on... Nothing at all really! :D

The next album, Ki, will be released soon 3 albums will follow quickly after that (as far as we know now, all in 2009). This means that Dev will be busy for a while to come.

He did mention touring again, and he said that it will happen but he's unsure in what form. He said he'd like to come to Europe too, but nothing has been arranged yet - he said the tour would probably in Spring 2010 so that's going to be a while.

So m guess is that he'd still like to come to South America, but no real plans are there yet and it will take a long time for any clarity on the matter.

Patience, my dear :)
#194813 by Yanko
Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 am
After seeing this thread, my girlfriend made me start saving money for a possible trip to a neighbour country, just in case.
#195035 by St_Clean
Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 pm
I take there's a lot of south american people in the forum... I suspect there are lots of chilean fellows here too...
Who knows, maybe a southamerican tour is not impossible after all... apparently we are legion... everywhere... :lol:
#195193 by Yanko
Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:41 am
mushroom wrote:Where are you from?

i'm from the crazy weathered lands of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil :P

And yeah, there are tons of people who enjoy devin's music all around Brazil, the main problem is getting enough of them in a 1000km radius to fill a venue :cry:
But for most people i know who love his music, they'd travel as far as they could to see a show.
#195213 by mushroom
Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 am
Well you are lucky man, Brazil is a kickass big country, i'm sure if Devin comes to the continent he will go only there :sad:
#195226 by St_Clean
Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:06 am
If Dev comes to Brazil or Argentina I would travel... save money for like 6 months and travel all the way to Brazil... not cheap but what are the odds of a South American TOUR? One or two countries is more likely... :?
#195276 by Yanko
Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:32 pm
mushroom wrote:Well you are lucky man, Brazil is a kickass big country, i'm sure if Devin comes to the continent he will go only there :sad:

that's exactly the problem: it's too damn huge! :lol:
It's way easier to get a ton of fans together in Argentina, or Chile, or pretty much any other SA country. A trip to a neighbour state in Brazil is like going from one country to another in Europe!

Here, let's make a deal, if i win a 30 million lottery prize or something of that sort, i'll freight a plane to pick you all up, and we'll set up a gig spot in the exact geographical middle of South America (which by my mental calculations, might end up being a swamp in the middle of Pantanal :lol: )
#195370 by Amber
Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 am
Abydost wrote:
Yanko wrote:that's exactly the problem: it's too damn huge! :lol:

Someone do this one for me, please.

Just 'cause this will make Morten happy...

That's what she said.

THERE. Be happy.

I hope you guys get some gigs though. :D
#195377 by mushroom
Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:53 am
Thanks, i wish it happen too, but thinking it well, i don't think devin will come here. It costs too much money and getting someone who organizesthe gig is hard too. 'cause Devin is known here but not "massively". With some luck (at leats in my country) 500 people would go to see the man (more if other countries people come), i don't know if it there's more people who know him here, for example, if you go to a record shop and ask about an album of Devin Townsend they answer "Devin who...?". So, sad but true.
#195404 by St_Clean
Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 pm
Anneke and her Agua de Annique came a couple months ago and played for nearly a thousand enthusiastic fans... since she is working with Dev on Addicted, hopefully they talk at some point about the countries they've been to... she loves Chile! and the last Gathering dvd is proof of that... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZs6sIbXkls

And Agua playing Hyperdrive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys_-0CerwPo

i was in both shows... :P

C'mon Dev! Somos pocos pero locos! :D