Archived
#191850 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:03 am
How did it get leaked? Surely, it hasn't shipped to stores already? Did someone hack the computer?
#191865 by Fnargl
Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:29 pm
It was most likely one of the people who received an advance copy to review, or someone they gave the CD to. Either that or someone involved in the process of creating it made a copy and put it on the internet, although someone mentioned in a thread that he had received a promo copy, so it was most likely that.
#191875 by Leechmaster
Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:18 pm
Albums leak all the time, usually through reviewers getting promos and them finding their way onto the big, bad internet. Its unavoidable, and while it can sometimes be sourced back to a particular person I'd say most of the time nobody knows. There's no such thing as an album that won't leak anymore. I'm sure most artists know that but it must get annoying as hell. I'm sure Dev'll be delighted when he comes on here and sees the discussion thread! :? Oh well. Joys of the interweb.
#191897 by FUBAR
Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 pm
Im curious to see how Dev reacts to the leak.
#191901 by OceanMachine15
Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:14 pm
He was probably told about the leak before the thread was even put up. I highly highly doubt he would be kept in the dark about it.
#191946 by The Yan
Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:38 am
Hopefully he doesn't get too peeved about it, I'm pretty sure alot of people are gonna go and buy it once they hear it anyway, but I think I'd piss myself with fright if he started yelling at everyone who downloaded it :(
#191954 by djskrimp
Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:46 am
The Yan wrote:Hopefully he doesn't get too peeved about it, I'm pretty sure alot of people are gonna go and buy it once they hear it anyway, but I think I'd piss myself with fright if he started yelling at everyone who downloaded it :(

He never has before. When he's commented in the past, it was a resigned sigh, because he'd rather people receive the music in its intended form.
#194159 by SouvlakiSlowdive
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:40 am
djskrimp wrote:
The Yan wrote:Hopefully he doesn't get too peeved about it, I'm pretty sure alot of people are gonna go and buy it once they hear it anyway, but I think I'd piss myself with fright if he started yelling at everyone who downloaded it :(

He never has before. When he's commented in the past, it was a resigned sigh, because he'd rather people receive the music in its intended form.

And he'd want people to receive it in the intended form with good reason too. I never download illegally or whatever it's called. It just brings more satisfaction to have music that I've paid for with my own money. I tried downloading once..but the music sounded so hollow. The production was good, but that's not what made it sound empty. It was just knowing that I was stealing from a fellow artist, enjoying the fruits of their labor without the decency to thank them for it. I bought the album soon after and have not since got my music that way.

But I'm glad to see that most everyone in these forums is still going to buy copies of it from Dev, even if they have downloaded it now. It's cool to be in a forum that has serious people for once. Props to all. :mrgreen:
#194273 by BrunoN
Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:48 am
SouvlakiSlowdive wrote:But I'm glad to see that most everyone in these forums is still going to buy copies of it from Dev, even if they have downloaded it now. It's cool to be in a forum that has serious people for once. Props to all. :mrgreen:

Heartwarming, isn't it. Looks like hundreds of people downloaded the album only to order it two days later.

Proper artist = proper fans.
#194528 by SouvlakiSlowdive
Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 am
BrunoN wrote:
SouvlakiSlowdive wrote:But I'm glad to see that most everyone in these forums is still going to buy copies of it from Dev, even if they have downloaded it now. It's cool to be in a forum that has serious people for once. Props to all. :mrgreen:

Heartwarming, isn't it. Looks like hundreds of people downloaded the album only to order it two days later.

It seems kind of pointless really. To me, it just sounds better when you wait for it.
#195036 by St_Clean
Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:46 pm
What if... the responsible for the leak is the Dev himself? :shock:
What if he knew that sooner or later the album would leak and foreseeing this he released an alter version of the final product? an alter version that he had already mixed for this purpose... :o
What if when we get the official copy the album, it is different from the leak, surprising everybody! cause we took for granted that the mp3 we have all been listening to for week was the real deal!!! :o :o :o

What if I'm just too greedy and want moar music from the dev cause Ki is just so mind blowing/expanding/fucking that it acts exactly like a drug and I'm already... ADDICTED... :P
#195708 by doctorcain
Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 pm
Anyone worth a pinch of shit should be well aware of how completely retarded it is to be downloading an epic release such as this, on that im sure we can all agree.

Not to mention a promotional, poorly encoded version that will only detract from what otherwise promises to be a transcendental experience.

Writhing, putrid, unwashed internet-masses take note - its Heavy Fucking Devy... buy the fucking record!
#195750 by Biert
Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:38 am
I'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't the immense fans of Devin's work that we are. They don't get the same experience out of listening to his music, and therefore don't mind only having a bunch of MP3s.

Keep that in mind before you start insulting 99.8% of the world's population.
#196125 by doctorcain
Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 pm
Biert wrote:I'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't the immense fans of Devin's work that we are. They don't get the same experience out of listening to his music, and therefore don't mind only having a bunch of MP3s.

Keep that in mind before you start insulting 99.8% of the world's population.

While that is still perfectly true I think im entitled to take pity on someone who doesnt appreciate the finer point of sounds quality! My apologies for sounding a bit aggressive as that was written in the heat of the moment so to speak but yeah... the idea of someone listening to Ki (or any music for that matter) in anything but its purest form makes me sad (and sometimes angry :) )