You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#76856 by Janne
Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:32 pm
Even though i've had my hopes (or rather expectations) up for a separate (double?) DVD, I'll be glad at whatever Devin offers me/us.

And even if a separate DVD release would be nice, I doubt it would bring in much extra cash (compared to releasing it as a bonus with the next album), since there are costs surrounding the production of a DVD. By simply adding it to an album, these costs can be minimized, thus securing an income instead of jeopardizing one. (Because, seriously, who other than ourselves would be interested in buying a DTB DVD?)

#76867 by asparagusDuck
Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:41 pm
Noodles wrote:a record store near where i live sold like 10 copies of the SYL DVD(at least)

woohoo!

The Sam Goody's where I live sold out its entire stock of Alien. All 1 copy. To me. Yay.

#77027 by asparagusDuck
Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:30 pm
yeah, i don't think we have anything to worry about. Dev knows what he's doing. I mean how often has he disappointed us in the past?

#77040 by Kristopher
Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:37 am
I own everything limited from dev that I can find... and if i look at the enhancements, and the bonus stuff I've accumulated along the way... it is getting better each time... I mean fuck remember Physicists enhancement... cool but not amazing... now with Alien we got like half an hour of DVD for Free!!! fucking brilliant.
to follow this trend, if the DVD is added to the CD its gonna be one hell of an enhancement. I bet.

#77042 by Kristopher
Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:40 am
And excuse the double post but:
remember everyone whinged about Sychestra being only one song... well Devs doing all those whingers a favour by giving them the DVD/CD in one package... now it's not only one song...

#77085 by Greg Reason
Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:48 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:yeah...and "supid fucking setlist" :lol: I always thought that at least no one would bitch about the setlist.

How could I not bitch about the setlist??? It sucked ass!!! WAY too much off the shitty self titled album and not enough from City. They shoulda at leats ripped out AAA, seeing as they never play it any more. Shoulda recorded it for the rest of humanity to witness, but instead they chose to play inconsequential metal crap from that st album.

#77087 by Amaran
Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:10 pm
hey, I love that "piece of shit".

#77092 by Noodles
Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:59 pm
Greg Reason wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:yeah...and "supid fucking setlist" :lol: I always thought that at least no one would bitch about the setlist.

How could I not bitch about the setlist??? It sucked ass!!! WAY too much off the shitty self titled album and not enough from City. They shoulda at leats ripped out AAA, seeing as they never play it any more. Shoulda recorded it for the rest of humanity to witness, but instead they chose to play inconsequential metal crap from that st album.
my only complaints were lack of AAA(first SYL song i ever heard), Bring on the Young(i still think it would make a cool intro/outro) and Underneath the Waves

#77100 by Persuader
Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:54 am
You can´t reason with Mr. Reason...

4 songs out of City, 6 from SYL. With the selftitled beeing their new release at the time, you can´t really bitch at the lads.
Sure, I wished for Underneath the waves to be on there myself, but they can´t play ALL songs in one set, period.

As for the DTB DVD, I´d love it as a separate package, but if I can get it as a bonusdisc I won´t complain.

#77115 by Janne
Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:56 am
...and besides, the songs off the s/t were more or less designed to be played live. They sound magnificent!