You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#84809 by Drumdude13
Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:59 pm
Socialenemy69 wrote:hmm my guess is a re-recording of OM or Sit in the Mountain or any of the other songs off of the Assordid demo cds.

This guy could be onto something....... :twisted:

Regardless of what song it is or what album it was off, it fits the album perfectly IMO. It will be a nice surprise.......

I posted another update in the DTB Journal about Day 2 (final drum tracking day) so I won't go off here.....BUT..... All I'm gonna' say is that this album is absolutely amazing and it could easily be one of Dev's best outing's ever for his solo stuff IMO. It's beautiful and Epic ! I can't wait for all of you to hear it.

Well you can go back to guessing the mystery song now :lol:

All the best,

RVP

RVP

#84810 by Atari
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:03 pm
grr......

#84811 by Blazingmonga
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:05 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:Well you can go back to guessing the mystery song now :lol:

Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*Head Explodes*

Give us more clues, please! What does it rhyme with? Whats the first letter? Aaaaaaaaaahhhh.

#84817 by EphelDuath666
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:45 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote:Well you can go back to guessing the mystery song now :lol:

Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*Head Explodes*

Give us more clues, please! What does it rhyme with? Whats the first letter? Aaaaaaaaaahhhh.

hey you bastid...did you think I wouldn't recognize the "special pic" in your avatar!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#84819 by Falk
Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:42 pm
Couldn't it be something with Processionnal ?
There was talk about the original order of Infinity, and Processionnal is in fact 3 songs into 1 if I remember well, maybe not a sit should've been ?

Oh and wasn't there a few flaws in Processionnal production that Devin was never happy with ? (though I can't hear any flaw^^) Or was it another song ?

The fact you say Synchestra sounds like one whole song is great, that feeling on Ocean Machine is what make it amaizing (along with the awesome compositions of course).

#84825 by gurp13
Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:28 pm
My vote is going toward something off of Ass-Sordid. Despite the "demo" moniker, I somehow think that Devin would regard those songs as done and from another project. However, the songs off of Ass-Sordid were not attached to a specific project. I think either Man, Ocean Machines (great song!), Promise, or Red Tomorrow. I just don't think it would be something from the Infinity sessions.

Anyway, I hope and I think it's Ocean Machines. My second guess is OM, though. It has that same beautiful, epic feel. (This is what we call hedging our bets!)

#84827 by WickedBuddhi
Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:36 pm
It could be ANYTHING!! Suspense...is killing me. I got a feeling someone has been dropping hints that i'm too dumb to figure out.

#84829 by EphelDuath666
Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:16 pm
my pick is "I AM" from the Ass-Sordid Demos II. I'm most likely wrong but I'd like to see that one rerecorded, heh :P

#84830 by Kenshino
Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:17 pm
This album sounds like it is going to split the skies and shake the ground with its overwhelming amount of awesome.

#84831 by Socialenemy69
Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:32 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:my pick is "I AM" from the Ass-Sordid Demos II. I'm most likely wrong but I'd like to see that one rerecorded, heh :P

I second that motion! He already redid "SunMud" (Velvet Kevorkian) and "Woman" being the second half of that song being another likely candid aswell as "I am", "OM" and "Ocean Machines" are the front runners.

#84927 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:04 am
Socialenemy69 wrote:hmm my guess is a re-recording of OM or Sit in the Mountain or any of the other songs off of the Assordid demo cds.

My thoughts exactly. I love the song "Ocean Machines" from Ass-sordid 1. It is almost perfect the way it is even in its demo-stadium. Add to it a more powerful production of the drums and you have one of the strongest tracks on any official Devin album...:!:

#85001 by funny_little_guy
Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:19 am
I reckon Sit In The Mountain has a good chance, it's such a great song but who knows if it would fit? It may be something like L.A. one of the more random amospheric tracks, I don't recon anything off Ass-Sordid II because thats not just Devin material, most of it came from older bands he was in if I remeber.

#85016 by SmashingTool
Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:09 pm
" But we all know the story behind it by now, so it's possible, but I don't think so, especially since they were part of a huge... can you say concept?"

???

#85138 by Oscar
Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:26 am
If it is a re-recording of Ocean Machines I will die of happiness. That is still my favourite Dev song.

#85164 by amstudios
Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:02 am
I cant choose, i love Ocean Machines and Sit In the Mountain.. there both my all time favourite songs!!!

hmmm.... maybe its BOTH!!!!

now that would be sick ass!! :P :lol: