You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#95459 by A-Daamage
Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:02 am
I think you may underestimate your fanbase, Dev, at least regarding your solo stuff, when you mention that it probably won't sell. I know a lot of fans of your solo stuff (including myself) who consider Truth to be your most uplifting, overwhelming song and put it at the top of their "fav Dev" song lists. I'd like to think that the majority of the fans of your solo stuff understand the difference in mentality between DTB and SYL and will absorb Synchestra without stupid preconceptions about how heavy music is "supposed" to sound. I believe the reason people become fans of your music is because they understand that your music stands alone and has no preconceived notions of how it's "supposed" to sound. When we purchase a DTB album, we know it will be unexpected, soulful and honest, and I certainly wouldn't like it any other way. Hopefully I'm not out of line by speaking for everyone else by saying we all love you right back. There isn't enough positive emotion in the world as it is, and a little more could never hurt. I hope Synchestra brings a smile and a tear to all your fans who truly appreciate an emotionally honest, brilliant musician.

Thank you so much for all your amazing music. My life will always be a little brighter with your music to affect me.

<group hug>

#95467 by FUBAR
Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:57 am
Reading what Ryan and Dev wrote brought tears to my eyes...I'm soo excited about this album...and I need my brain stroked in pleasant way!

#95469 by Chris
Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:03 am
Amen.

Dev wrote:I think it may make your day a little sunnier if it's been a bad one. We all need hope, (especially when you perform songs like Shitstorm for a living.)

:lol:

I loved reading Dev's post.

His music made lots of my days much more worthwhile. What else can/ should I say? That I can't wait for Synchestra being released? I guess only if I didn't, it would be worth mentioning it, since this goes without saying.

#95472 by Atari
Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:52 am
I cannot bloody wait.

Thank You.

#95473 by niklang
Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:58 am
God I love that man!

:-)

No albums touch me on an emotional level as much as Dev's solo stuff. This sounds like being so pure and uplifting that its gonna blow us all away.

I certainly have no pre-conceived notions about how a DTB album should sound. As far as I'm concerned they sound exactly like they should and exactly how they sound in Dev's head!

Thanks Dev.

#95488 by Goat
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:21 am
I especially like what he wrote about Vai. New chapter. *prays for a Vai solo on the new SYL, heh heh*

Feeling the thoughts stronger than ever? That's a good thing, right?

#95491 by Persuader
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:29 am
We love you too Dev! :wink:

I wish the man would post more often..damn it´s nice to read his posts. But 10 songs EVERY 6 MONTHS!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I´m so not productive...

#95494 by EphelDuath666
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:51 am
at least you make music, Efraim. All I can come up with is 10 orgasms a day :lol: I'm kidding...maybe

well, what did I actually want to say...oh yes. Dev's solo stuff is just as important to me as SYL. I think it actually is slightly more important to me because it's just soooo touching and makes you feel good.

#95500 by Biert
Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:09 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:at least you make music, Efraim. All I can come up with is 10 orgasms a day :lol: I'm kidding...maybe

Biologically, men are capable of 50 orgasms in 24 hours, something like that. Women, however can get to 250 a day. (I'm not exaclty sure about the figures, thought it was something like this. Well, it's off topic anyway).

And for me, DTB is more important than SYL. SYL is amazingly brutal and heavy, which is good of course. BUt DTB is a lot more... fitting in every day life.
And Dev, the fact that SYL is so much bigger than DTB shouldn't bother you, really. Just take the cash from big-selling SYL, and do your own thing with DTB. See it as something... elitist, maybe.

#95502 by CardDinour
Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:19 am
wow, ho exciting reading devs post. it sounds so perfect and i cannot wait like the rest of you! :)

#95512 by funny_little_guy
Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:59 am
Man finally hearing from the Dev was amazing. When I logged onto the forums and saw "The Dev" under last post for the jornals I almost died. It'll be interesting to see how well the album does in the 'real world', im sure around here however it'll quite well recived. (Man I wish I could spell), I found it interesting that he wasn't more of a fan of Terria, simply because he created such a jorney on that album, it almost breathes. I can't wait for Synchestra however, when I finally get to bed after re-reading the update for the 100th time I won't be able to sleep.... great

#95515 by [brett]
Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:33 am
I cannot wait for this album. I've always been so passionate about dev's music, and to know for sure they, the dtb folk are very proud of their own work, that makes me even more exited. I realise as dev said this album isn't like the others. But I didn't expect the same from every album, in fact thats what makes dev's music so damn great. I've played the other devin albums more times than I can count, and I'm certain it's gonna be the same for the new album. Regardless of how different from the others it is.

If you tour this album through the UK, it would be amazing if you come through Bristol again. We've only had you here once, and that still remains the best concert I've ever been to!

Best of luck with everything guys.

#95529 by Condemnation
Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:20 am
I don't know about you guys, but the fact that the DTB doesn't sell a million albums doesn't make me sad. It only makes it so much more special when you listen to the music, knowing that most people don't have a clue and they'll never "get it".

I agree that Dev should be happy with the way things are and just keep on making great music, SYL excists so that the DTB can exist... it's perfect.

Now, I wonder... how many think they'll be able to listen to this monster of an album and NOT cry when the last track has faded out?