You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#111773 by gurp13
Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:20 pm
ForceFed wrote:This album grew on me quicker than any has in recent memory. My first listen was mostly spent getting comfortable with Devin's new musical and lyrical direction, while little things popped up at me from each song. The frogs in Hypergeek, Vai's solo on Triumph, the radio-friendly catchiness of Vampira, and the all-around perfection of "Notes From Africa". After two more listens I began thinking there wasn't a bad song on the album, and today, after having the album for a couple weeks or so, I can say the only "song" that does nothing for me is "Mental Tan". The rest of the album is superb, and in my opinion is the pinnacle of Devin's career so far. Something to be quite proud of. :)

Interestingly, I found that I had to listen to most of Devin's albums about five times to "get" them. But, this one sorta grabbed me early. But, the more I listened to it, the more I like it. I immediately liked Triumph, Pixillate, and Notes From Africa.

#111829 by Chris
Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:30 am
At first, I was surprised when I saw how many of you considered Pixillate to be the best song on Synchestra. It took me quite a few listens to get into it. Maybe it had some problems getting into my small mind since it's sooo huge. Guess what - now I love it.

#111836 by Persuader
Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:00 am
Same thing for me Chris. Vampira, Triumph and Gaia were the first ones that caught me. Pixillate grew on me.

#111916 by fallstheshadow
Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:09 am
oddly enough, on the first listen, it was Notes From Africa that grabbed me the most....Pixillate was one of the last songs i got into.....then again, im weird.

^_^

#112018 by gurp13
Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:25 pm
Every time I hear Triumph now I immediately (as long as no one is around) start lip synching and air guitarring and imagining that I have a skullet. \m/ \m/

#112074 by Das Schuetzenfest
Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:51 am
After extensive testing I have to say that Synchestra is a great album to fall asleep to! And I mean it in the most positive way.

#112092 by the_scoon
Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:19 am
Just had my first listen a few hours ago and i listened up to Gaia again. Very interesting first listen, I must say. It didn't hit me the way the other albums did. Devin sure as hell was right about "waiting for it" because all the more intese stuff comes later in the album. To me it felt almost as if it didn't work the first time i listened to it, but just go back and going over it again it already sounds that much more awesome. This will definately grow on me.

#112384 by BaldMosher446
Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:40 pm
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:After extensive testing I have to say that Synchestra is a great album to fall asleep to! And I mean it in the most positive way.

Oh gosh no kidding! Synchestra is by far, IMO, the most perfect record for me. It has everything I could ever ask for in an album. I've listened to it almost 40 times now and it just does not get boring or repetitive.

But now I'm ever-so-eager to get a hold of The Hummer!

#112462 by a_random_person
Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:27 am
I was kind of dozing off while listening to "A Simple Lullaby"......man! In all honesty, I only found "judgement" somewhat lacking when I first began listening to Synchestra. Then again, I do have a habit of getting stuck on certain songs. The real key is just to listen to it from beginning to end (I know many of you already figured that out). And when the heck it "The Hummer" coming out?

#112486 by gurp13
Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:18 pm
a_random_person wrote:I was kind of dozing off while listening to "A Simple Lullaby"......man! In all honesty, I only found "judgement" somewhat lacking when I first began listening to Synchestra. Then again, I do have a habit of getting stuck on certain songs. The real key is just to listen to it from beginning to end (I know many of you already figured that out). And when the heck it "The Hummer" coming out?

I don't know exactly, but I had heard that Hummer was coming soon after Synchestra. But, now I've read a few people saying that Dev said it's coming in a year or two.

Wasn't that helpful? :roll:

#112493 by Revol
Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:54 pm
My CD/DVD album came in today.. and I wasn't expecting it to be signed by the Dev! I thought he was signing the first 100 DualDiscs sold or something. I pre-ordered mine from HevyDevy after the website said they were sold out.

#112606 by Burbster
Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:37 am
Man, how stoned was Devin in the studio tour on the DVD? It was pretty funny.

Also, can someone PM me information about how to get to the easter eggs, please?

#112619 by Biert
Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:13 am
Burbster wrote:Man, how stoned was Devin in the studio tour on the DVD? It was pretty funny.

Also, can someone PM me information about how to get to the easter eggs, please?

It's all in the Easter Egg thread.

And I read an interview where Devin said that The Hummer would take a couple more years to finish so :(

#112845 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:28 pm
THIS ALBUM ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!

oh man i can't stop listenig to it. vampira is one of the greatest songs ever, what a groovy album. i think dev's vocals have alos gotten a lot better ( i know what you're syaing, how could that be!? but its true!!!)

i gotta get my hands on the dvd now ... damn the store ordered teh wrong version for me oh well, i'l just buy a nother one lol