You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#100059 by brimir
Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:52 am
For me this album REALLY sums up Devin´s career to date........It just has influences from all his previous solo albums (without copying the sound)... The end result is a new epic mature devy sound that has to be heard to be believed!!!

I´ve been listening to this album nonstop since I got it last night and I can tell you.....I´m just blown out of this world by the experience. It really grows on you with each listen. By far his best work to date!!!

Cheers

Brimsiboy

#100060 by andjustinforall
Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:15 am
I cracked and downloaded it.... but its sooooo good. I never wouldve been able to wait out until the end of january.....

I just drove around my city (perth) for an hour listening to the album and it was an awesome experience. Notes from africa had me happier than i've been in a while :D

#100064 by LordPaul
Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:39 am
Listen one, first impression:

I like it.

I like it a LOT.

I like it a lot more than I did AE on first listen, but I can't say if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet, the longevity test takes months or years.

Pre-Sychestra, of the non-SYL stuff OM:B is still top, then Terria, Infinity, AE, Physicist.

I think this could fall either side of Terria.

It's hard comparing them, as they are all in the 90%s

Of course, I'll be buying this I have bought everything since 1996 on release & I'm equally looking forward to seeing the DVD!

(I'm doubly happy as I got a SYL fix on Friday in Wolverhampton)

#100074 by Introvert
Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:01 am
Hard to say yet. This not a masterpiece like OM or Terria is for me, yet. This one is as epic as hell, but for me it sounds like there's not enough meet around the bones. But maybe this is a grower. I will post again when I have a better feeling of the album.

Highlights are Let It Roll, Hypergeek, Triumph and Judgement.

#100078 by Eyesore
Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:12 am
"Notes From Africa" has the same vibe as "Universal."

#100119 by fullgore
Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:40 am
My favorites at this point are Let It Roll, Triumph, Vampolka (:)), Pixillate, Judgement, Sunset, and Notes From Africa. I just named half the album.

Oops.

This is a very good album. I would say its is in the same class as Infinity and Terria.

#100122 by 6Stringer
Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:44 am
Eyesore wrote:"Notes From Africa" has the same vibe as "Universal."

I don't really like the guitar melody that's all over the song. It's a bit too loud for me. But it doesn't bother me much. Great album, I have to say already. I've only listened it twice so there's much to hear!

#100127 by djskrimp
Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:08 pm
I can't believe I caved...you bastards!!!

Devin, I PROMISE you will get my money, along with money for the longsleeve!!!

This feels like a grower. Of course, Terria was a grower for me, too, and that is just under Ocean Machine for most awesome rekkid EVER, kiddies.

It always takes me 4-5 listens to shift from Devy album to Devy album. (I'm talking about Alien. I am in that headspace, and it's going to take a little tea, some crumpets, and a little creosote to get it out so that I can figure this one out.)

BTW, RVP? What the FUCK do you take to drum like that??? Gawd Damn, Son!! (That's what we'd say in Oklahoma upon hearing or seeing something amazing. And, since I was born there, I get to say it.)

#100129 by FlatHead
Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:20 pm
I caved too. Not before placing my preorder though, if that's any redemption.

Wicked tunes. Give me a few more listens.

#100134 by Drumdude13
Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:37 pm
OK....for all of you that have downloaded it......

The only words of advice that I have for you....

You need to listen to this sucker from start to finish. Set a mood, whether it be in your livingroom with no lights on but a couple candles, hanging out on a lakeside, whatever works for you.

This album does take a few listens, then it captivates you. This may not be the case for everyone but even from the reviews I've read, it seems to be what's happening.

Synchestra needs time to sink in. It is Epic, emotionally heavy and happy all at once. It's a journey, give it a bunch of listens and hopefully you'll hear what I'm talking about. Enjoy......

RVP

PS... Please buy the album since you've downloaded it guys ! Help us get out there to tour this sucker for ya'll ! 8)

PSS... To djskrimp: The reason I drum the way I do is honestly cuz of the music and Devin, they inspire me. His music inspires me to come up with the shit I do. Another thing, practice and lots of NHL 2006 on the playstation......whenever Beavis kicks my ass on it, I take my anger out on my drumkit, which results in some cool drumming :lol: You can hear that especially on the Baby Song, Hypergeek, Triupmh, Gaia and all of the Non-Human Level album :lol:

#100142 by djskrimp
Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:52 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:OK....for all of you that have downloaded it......

The only words of advice that I have for you....

You need to listen to this sucker from start to finish. Set a mood, whether it be in your livingroom with no lights on but a couple candles, hanging out on a lakeside, whatever works for you.

This album does take a few listens, then it captivates you. This may not be the case for everyone but even from the reviews I've read, it seems to be what's happening.

Synchestra needs time to sink in. It is Epic, emotionally heavy and happy all at once. It's a journey, give it a bunch of listens and hopefully you'll hear what I'm talking about. Enjoy......

RVP

PS... Please buy the album since you've downloaded it guys ! Help us get out there to tour this sucker for ya'll ! 8)

PSS... To djskrimp: The reason I drum the way I do is honestly cuz of the music and Devin, they inspire me. His music inspires me to come up with the shit I do. Another thing, practice and lots of NHL 2006 on the playstation......whenever Beavis kicks my ass on it, I take my anger out on my drumkit, which results in some cool drumming :lol: You can hear that especially on the Baby Song, Hypergeek, Triupmh, Gaia and all of the Non-Human Level album :lol:

Will pre-order Synchestra...must now have NHL!!!!

#100151 by FishyMonkey
Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:25 pm
Gah. I've been reading this thread with pure longing no my face. I'd appreciate a PM. I'm sorry, Devin, but I've already ordered a Synchestra t-shirt and will have the album first chance I get. I must hear it!

Please guys!

#100152 by Introvert
Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:27 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:OK....for all of you that have downloaded it......

RVP

sure thang! I'm definately buying this through hevydevy (just like i've done with all my other dtb/syl albums).

and yes this album is definately a grower... Synchestra is actually pretty fucking awesome album... but gotta take "a few" more spins.

#100156 by Eyesore
Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:49 pm
How could you NOT order this album? You could be a cheap-ass, fine, but I want to see what the Almighty Drunken Frenchman has done with the artwork!!

I'll post a pick of me naked holding Synchestra with a note that reads I <3 Devy Wevy! Will that do?

#100161 by djskrimp
Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:27 pm
Eyesore wrote:How could you NOT order this album? You could be a cheap-ass, fine, but I want to see what the Almighty Drunken Frenchman has done with the artwork!!

I'll post a pick of me naked holding Synchestra with a note that reads I <3 Devy Wevy! Will that do?

I don't wanna see Eyesore's piece, but a pic of us all holding the merch WOULD be a cool thread.

How DO you preorder the album?