You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#110704 by Oscar
Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:08 pm
It's not my favourite Devin album at this stage (Ocean Machine still does it for me) but Synchestra is fantastic in its own way and is definitely the most blissful metal album I've ever heard. I guess for me what stops it from taking the top spot is that there is no tension on the album, no 'touching' emotional bits. Still, great to hear something different again from the Dev.

#110715 by Guuff
Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:57 am
Oscar wrote:It's not my favourite Devin album at this stage (Ocean Machine still does it for me) but Synchestra is fantastic in its own way and is definitely the most blissful metal album I've ever heard. I guess for me what stops it from taking the top spot is that there is no tension on the album, no 'touching' emotional bits. Still, great to hear something different again from the Dev.
I think Judgment is the most emotional song on the album, it has a lot of the touching bits.

#110716 by arkadin
Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:03 am
Catfood wrote:If only the British public were as receptive.

... and what about the French public? France has never been ,and will never be, a Rock n' Roll country :(

#110720 by Cav
Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:15 am
Just got my copy, and what can I say? Wonderful, and there's still the second half of the album to come!

I'm sure I'll have some more in-depth observations once I've given it a couple more spins. But 'Vampolka' is making me giggle like an exceedingly happy thing!

#110723 by King Fear
Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:36 am
Synchestra pretty much failed to make me like it on first listen; in fact, I liked every other Devin album better on first listen. That isn't saying much though... we'll see howe it develops in the course of the coming days and weeks, since I remember what Dev told us about the album here:
http://hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 5455#95455

#110773 by Biert
Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:46 pm
My Last.FM profile
Nuff said...

#110779 by pixillator
Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:45 pm
King Fear wrote:Synchestra pretty much failed to make me like it on first listen; in fact, I liked every other Devin album better on first listen. That isn't saying much though... we'll see howe it develops in the course of the coming days and weeks, since I remember what Dev told us about the album here:
http://hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 5455#95455

The same thing happened with me. When I first listened to Synchestra I couldn't believe Devin wrote these songs. I didn't even try to "understand" the music. I just couldn't accept the fact that Devin wrote a riff like the intro of PIXILLATE (which was going to be used as SYL material) or GAIA (I "hate" this song, after listening to it a hundred times I realised that not only I don't like it but I get annoyed by the fact that most fans do like it, I guess it just never grew on me). But ,as Devin told us, the album grew on me and I enjoy it more and more!!! I can't pick favourite songs, I enjoy them all except Gaia and Babysong.

#110854 by ForceFed
Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:56 am
This album grew on me quicker than any has in recent memory. My first listen was mostly spent getting comfortable with Devin's new musical and lyrical direction, while little things popped up at me from each song. The frogs in Hypergeek, Vai's solo on Triumph, the radio-friendly catchiness of Vampira, and the all-around perfection of "Notes From Africa". After two more listens I began thinking there wasn't a bad song on the album, and today, after having the album for a couple weeks or so, I can say the only "song" that does nothing for me is "Mental Tan". The rest of the album is superb, and in my opinion is the pinnacle of Devin's career so far. Something to be quite proud of. :)

#110987 by Guuff
Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:05 pm
Why are alot of people not digging Judgement too much? i love that song, probably my fav along with pixillate and the baby song.

#110992 by FlatHead
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:05 pm
As always with Dev albums my appreciation for Synchestra grows with each listen.

#111009 by sicsmoo
Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:24 pm
Guuff wrote:Why are alot of people not digging Judgement too much? i love that song, probably my fav along with pixillate.

Agreed, Judgement is stellar.

#111368 by fallstheshadow
Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:55 am
all tracks on Synchestra are freakin' rocktastic....however, i always find myself listening mostly to "Sunset" straight into "Notes from Africa"

...anybody agree?

#111389 by annihilator
Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:19 am
Mental tan does it for me.Listening to this makes you believe your floating somewhere in the stratosphere.Anyone who thinks s.y.l is pure noise should listen to this than eat their own tongue.However,the dvd could of had a few more songs on it and be in 5.1 sound.What ever happened to nemeste??Ca'nt moan though really,it is a superb album and great value.

#111675 by BaldMosher446
Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:42 am
ForceFed wrote:This album grew on me quicker than any has in recent memory. My first listen was mostly spent getting comfortable with Devin's new musical and lyrical direction, while little things popped up at me from each song. The frogs in Hypergeek, Vai's solo on Triumph, the radio-friendly catchiness of Vampira, and the all-around perfection of "Notes From Africa". After two more listens I began thinking there wasn't a bad song on the album, and today, after having the album for a couple weeks or so, I can say the only "song" that does nothing for me is "Mental Tan". The rest of the album is superb, and in my opinion is the pinnacle of Devin's career so far. Something to be quite proud of. :)

Couldn't said it better myself man. That's exactly how it was with me although I do enjoy Mental Tan coz it's a nice little "intermission" building into the monster that is Gaia...