You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#103763 by Eyesore
Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:32 pm
I'd bet the Japanese version simply has Sunshine And Happiness listed as the bonus track and not as a hidden track.

#103851 by Naffis-kun
Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:52 am
Why is it that the Japanese always get bonus tracks and stuff?

#103855 by Ali
Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:36 am
Naffis-kun wrote:Why is it that the Japanese always get bonus tracks and stuff?

CDs in Japan are pretty expensive compared to import CDs so Japanese album versions are made to encourage people to buy the expensive Japanese versions.

#103908 by Eyesore
Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:25 am
This is from the FAQ on defleppard.com:

WHY DO JAPANESE ALBUM RELEASES HAVE MORE SONGS?

For economic reasons, it is common to add one or more bonus tracks to Japanese releases, in order to avoid Japanese retailers trying to sell the import releases. Retailers can get import releases for a lower price, so they can make more money if they actually sell these for the regular sales price. Fans are more interested in the Japanese releases, which have more tracks, so they will not be more interested in the imports. If the import releases would sell more than the Japanese releases, it could cause a catastrophe for the Japanese economy. Most bands use this strategy in Japan. The European/UK release of "X" did get two extra tracks for different reason: to 'make up' for the fact that the band plays in North America way more than in Europe.

I cry foul on the last sentence! BAH! Tons of band's included bonus tracks on UK/European versions. You limey bastards don't deserve bonus tracks! :D

#104010 by funny_little_guy
Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:32 am
Yeah Australia needs extra tracks, cuz we're cool and ya'll know it. Werd.

#104020 by hairy
Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:38 am
Eyesore wrote:This is from the FAQ on defleppard.com:

WHY DO JAPANESE ALBUM RELEASES HAVE MORE SONGS?

For economic reasons, it is common to add one or more bonus tracks to Japanese releases, in order to avoid Japanese retailers trying to sell the import releases. Retailers can get import releases for a lower price, so they can make more money if they actually sell these for the regular sales price. Fans are more interested in the Japanese releases, which have more tracks, so they will not be more interested in the imports. If the import releases would sell more than the Japanese releases, it could cause a catastrophe for the Japanese economy. Most bands use this strategy in Japan. The European/UK release of "X" did get two extra tracks for different reason: to 'make up' for the fact that the band plays in North America way more than in Europe.

I cry foul on the last sentence! BAH! Tons of band's included bonus tracks on UK/European versions. You limey bastards don't deserve bonus tracks! :D

We deserve them!
Hey, we eat snails afterall...

#104024 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:01 am
and people in Scatland eat Haggis, they deserve it too!!!!

And hey, CD's in Europe aren't THAT cheap anymore either nowadays. It's cheaper for me to order US imports off Amazon :lol:

#104035 by Pisshead
Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:22 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:It's cheaper for me to order US imports off Amazon :lol:

Addictive stuff, that.