You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#109281 by Biert
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:16 am
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:
beavis christ wrote:And the winner is!

Does that mean I am right? :?

Jackpot!!!!

#109336 by EternalMetal
Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:51 pm
I love the Away/Deep Peace medley thing. It was one of the greatest things Ive seen in a long time. I dont know if I should spoil it for the others who cant get it, but it is just incredible.

#109364 by gozu
Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:32 pm
EternalMetal wrote:I love the Away/Deep Peace medley thing. It was one of the greatest things Ive seen in a long time. I dont know if I should spoil it for the others who cant get it, but it is just incredible.

i agree my favourite bit on the dvd :D

#109365 by Atari
Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 pm
noo......Ryan and the rather fetching spangly speedos.....

That's my favourite bit.

#109367 by 666zombo666
Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:36 pm
loved that part too, does anybody else think they saw dev crying as he played the solo to deep peace it would definately explain lyrics. "its alright to cry...."

#109370 by Lolliklauer
Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I agree, too. But i´m a little bit disappoited that you can´t see Devin the whole solo. I just don´t really want to see cameramen or other bandmembers standing around while Devin is playing a great solo. It´s not as touching as the "Live in Geneva"-Clip because of the filming, i think. But it´s very good anyhow.

#109507 by Das Schuetzenfest
Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:47 am
Biert wrote:
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:
beavis christ wrote:And the winner is!

Does that mean I am right? :?

Jackpot!!!!

YAY! :luigi:

#109707 by Janne
Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:09 am
Lolliklauer wrote:I just don´t really want to see cameramen or other bandmembers standing around while Devin is playing a great solo.

That was a rather bizarre thing to show. And I'm not sure if I should hate it or love it. I'l probably love it, because it was so utterly unexpected... :lol:

#109763 by Mulzi
Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:54 pm
Lolliklauer wrote:I just don´t really want to see cameramen or other bandmembers standing around while Devin is playing a great solo.

It made me want to inflict damage on the director. Focus on the Dev when he's doing the climax of the solo! It bothered me,but I just let it pass, and close my eyes 'cause the music is just too goooood.

#109773 by Das Schuetzenfest
Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:49 pm
Well, well well :!:

I've finally seen the bonus DVD for the very first time tonight at a friend's appartment who has his PC plugged into his great stereo system.

I must say that the "bonus" DVD is almost as great as Synchestra itself.
The sound is huge, the playing is impeccable (it was all done in one take, right? :wink:) and the effects and visuals are good or at least endurable. The arrangements are as great as the original album versions, maybe I'd add some more backup vocals by Brian and Mike here and there ("I'll see you on the other side" on "Life", for example). Did I already mention that the sound is just huge? :shock:

I was blown away when "Truth" kicked off, one of the highlights on this DVD. My other personal favs are "Deadhead" and "Away/Deep Peace". :shock:

Brilliant music, genious, fantastic. I love it (what a bootlicker I am, I know)! Somehow I have to save the soundfile of the Live-section to my harddrive and burn it onto an audio CD, it's that good.

Some parts of the Tour-section are "disgusting" in a hilarious way, or hilarious in a "disgusting" way. Damn, you guy are even weirder than I thought...

Oh, and the ambient background music on the Photos-section: is that Hummer material?

#109788 by DeadPatient
Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:01 pm
Truely a frontrunner for one the the best dvds for 2006. I have only started to listen to the DTB last early last yr starting with Terria and slowly picked up other material, Ive been a STL fan right when "Heavy" came out via family in Toronto hooking me up. The cd is just a experience, my dad said it reminds him of Sgt Pepper was 20 yrs older with more amps. Great Stuff

#109792 by aedro
Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:36 pm
Holy. Freakin. Crap. :shock:

Synchestra is released?!
The DTB DVD is released?!

I thouhgt we wouldn't be seeing these till March... I'm really behind the times...

Are there still copies of the Synchestra/DVD pack available? Or was that the said "sold out digipack"?

:oops:

#109795 by Atari
Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:39 pm
Digipacks are no longer available from HDR...the CD+DVD double jewel case (aka HDR special edition) is available for PayPal preorder now, and should ship around the 13th.

#109814 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:10 am
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:Somehow I have to save the soundfile of the Live-section to my harddrive and burn it onto an audio CD, it's that good.

That's being worked on by myself too - can't wait to go to work with that in my ears !!