You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#109408 by 666between_his_horns
Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:51 pm
Matey,

You're never going to be taken seriously if you post like you have been. Keep it civil and people will show you the respect you deserve.

Carry on like a goose and, well...

:(

#109409 by Coma Divine
Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:15 pm
Also too, if he can't spell as well as others - there's no need for everyone to pile on and point this out.

Proper spelling isn't a pre-requisite for membership here.
Proper manners is.

#109441 by gurp13
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:16 pm
Coma Divine wrote:Also too, if he can't spell as well as others - there's no need for everyone to pile on and point this out.

Proper spelling isn't a pre-requisite for membership here.
Proper manners is.

It wasn't the grammar or the spelling that set me off. It was the tone and the jist of what he said. I mean, come on! Shows up and blasts Hevy Devy Records for something that isn't their fault. It was clearly a case of someone who just didn't understand the situation. Now, whether he can be taught or not is still in debate.

Personally, I appreciate that he realizes that the original post was ill-conceived. As you say, Dave, I can overlook errors in spelling. But, I hate when people just start making assumptions and throwing out accusations. Instead, I would recommend lurking a little, reading a bunch of old posts and doing searches. Then, asking a question would be fine. Hell, the questions could come first. But, the original post had wild-eyed fury written all over it.

Everybody here knows how cool Tracy and Hevy Devy Records are. Everybody that has dealt with them has gotten the smiley face on their order. Everybody knows how hard they are working and what an anomoly they are in this business. So, if I'm a little over-protective of them and their reputation, I'll live with it.

For Cameron: Hevy Devy is an independent record company. They are distributing Synchestra in Canada. There was a delay with the Special Edition copies of Synchestra. Hevy Devy is basically run by Tracy, Devin's wife, and Devin himself. Hevy Devy has always gone the extra mile to serve me. This is a truly classy operation. The delay was not their fault. Kick back a little around here. People are basically nice as long as you are. But, don't mistake niceness for not having teeth. There's a reason we all listen to Devin and SYL. We've got pent up AGGRESSION! :chain: :peace: :string:

#109449 by classy camron
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:37 pm
How can i keep it civil if people slam me for expressing my oppinon's,rather they be positive or negative? Im just getting my word out like this forum is ment for doing,and if my punctuation and spelling is off sometimes that does not reflect on who i am,because belive it or not i am a very intellegent man,but im not the kind of guy that worries about spelling and math and all that jazz,but if others want to point out my spelling errors and try make me look stupid i will defend myself the only way i can miles and miles away from people or else not trying to sound like im a tough guy or something but if it was to be face to face people would not be saying these things to me.

#109450 by classy camron
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:38 pm
what tone its a fuckin computer "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW ASSHOLE?"

#109462 by gurp13
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:57 pm
classy camron wrote:what tone its a fuckin computer "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW very nice guy?"

Dude, I'm trying to be nice to you. And, if you can't see that now, then you might not be as intelligent as you think you are.

And, if we were face to face I bet you wouldn't be talking that way to us, either.

Fuck, dude, you don't think tone carries in email? You don't think your original post was kinda hostile? You don't think that saying you're angry and then lacing your post with expletives is setting a tone?

Okay.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make you look dumb. I'm quite sure you can do it all by yourself if you feel like it. Lord knows I'm capable of the same. And, if you think you're getting flamed you've got a thin skin. I've seen much worse on the internet.

Now, live up to your handle and be nice. :roll: I promise to not correct your atrocious spelling and punctuation if you promise to chill out. That's fair. :lol:

#109466 by classy camron
Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:04 pm
i wasnt blaming them,and i did ask questions before,and i did and still do read every single message that gets posted,but i never red where Tracy said it was delayed,and dont try and school me on Hevy Devy records,i know my shit but this fuckin forum is confusing as hell and is always changing so its hard to locate the information i need,and besides the point Winnipeg sucks when it comes to reciving good music,i dont have a bank account,or credit cards or any of that shit cause im a local musician sitting on disability.So all that i understood from my local music store is that they would not be reciving any double disc with dvd intact,but now that i learned whats what i can move on and appolagize for my out burst,but when i first herd about synchestra,and the dvd i would have driven to vancouver to get it myself,so i hope you understand my ignorance,and thank you for letting me try clear my storey.

#109471 by gurp13
Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:20 pm
classy camron wrote:i wasnt blaming them,and i did ask questions before,and i did and still do read every single message that gets posted,but i never red where Tracy said it was delayed,and dont try and school me on Hevy Devy records,i know my shit but this fuckin forum is confusing as hell and is always changing so its hard to locate the information i need,and besides the point Winnipeg sucks when it comes to reciving good music,i dont have a bank account,or credit cards or any of that shit cause im a local musician sitting on disability.So all that i understood from my local music store is that they would not be reciving any double disc with dvd intact,but now that i learned whats what i can move on and appolagize for my out burst,but when i first herd about synchestra,and the dvd i would have driven to vancouver to get it myself,so i hope you understand my ignorance,and thank you for letting me try clear my storey.

Right on. I hear what you're saying, and all, but...

http://www.hevydevy.com/hdr_mainpage.html

If you go to the Hevy Devy Records site, the first entry says...

"HevyDevy’s Synchestra CD is available for preorder now, or direct order Jan 23. The European DVD edition is also ready for pre-order now and the HDR version will follow approximately Feb 10. Inside Out’s European version comes in digipack format, the HevyDevy version comes in a double jewel case, both with expanded artwork done by DeepPeace Design that also revamped the Hevydevy website."

That's not real confusing. You've also said in this thread http://hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=386&start=270

classy camron wrote:this is a pretty dumb question but whatever i didnt feel like going through pages and pages of shit,but has their been a date announced for release yet?

So, I think that maybe it was reasonable for me to assume that you hadn't gone to the trouble of "reading every message posted."

All you had to do was ask, "Hey, why is the HDR version of the Special Edition coming later?" I mean, jeez, dude, that's why I ordered the Inside Out version from Hevy Devy. I knew it. But, then, that's because I actually do read what people write on here. :D

#109476 by classy camron
Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:40 pm
Like i said in the begining "this is a pretty dumb question but ......" anyway its over with,im gonna go and pick it up on the 10th if its not their i will hold the store at gun point till i get it.Trust me i will.KEEP READING THE PAPER'S!

#109477 by gurp13
Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:42 pm
classy camron wrote:Like i said in the begining "this is a pretty dumb question but ......" anyway its over with,im gonna go and pick it up on the 10th if its not their i will hold the store at gun point till i get it.Trust me i will.KEEP READING THE PAPER'S!

Er, you might want to not do that whole "gun point" thing. If you think it's bad when people correct your spelling, wait until they take offense to your use of firearms. In Canada.

But, otherwise, may the road rise to meet you...

#109480 by JuZ
Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:11 am
:D

#109650 by classy camron
Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:23 pm
So your saying i should use a bomb or perhaps a knife?hmmm.....either way i will have it.

#109677 by gurp13
Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:04 am
classy camron wrote:So your saying i should use a bomb or perhaps a knife?hmmm.....either way i will have it.

You so do not live in America. That kind of shit gets the FBI all over you. :)